Where is the market on 03 Cobras?

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
The prices seem to be all over the place. I am going to sell my 03 w/4k miles. I am not sure what is fair? I was thinking $28k. I see some people asking $32k or more. A couple around $26k. Not sure what the low mileage is worth for a well cared for car. I seen a car on ebay with 60miles did not sell for more than $25k! I know the reserve was not met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003...22QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyhow I never thought of selling it. Never thought I would. I just don't drive it or have room for it. I want to replace it with a Ford GT in a yr or so though. Keep the Ford presence in the garage you know:) With all my Euro trash:)

Your thought s guys? Autotrader prices seem somewhat more consisten then Ebay.

Here is a pic of my car before I put the coilovers up front.

DSC00759.jpg

Last edited:
4000 miles. Bro, you should be trying $32k - $34k. I would have paid that for that low mileage of a vehicle. You should not be doing under $30k no matter what you are told. Especially this time of year.

You really have to look on Autotrader and Cars.com to see just what the asking price is for 03/04s with under 5k. My friend, I'm not sure when your warranty expires but if its not until August then you can get someone willing to pay in the low 30s. Especially if they will look to buy an extended warranty. Even if your warranty expired I wouldn't let someone use that against you. You're simply not going to find a used GT500 for these prices and the 03/04s are not so easy to come by despite what people will tell you. Stick to your guns. You can get low 30ks. At 4k its more than worth early 30ks.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I agree with those above. Start with $30 - $32k and if someone is willing to shell out in that area or you could come down some. Always start a little high and then come down. It makes people feel they are getting a great deal. Good luck with your sale.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I agree with all of the above. Stock low mileage Terminators will always bring a premium. :coolman:

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
damn a ford GT. you must have some cheese! Id say 30K at the least with that kind of mileage. But if I had money for a ford GT I would not really care about what I sold the cobra for, buts thats just me. Good luck on the resale.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i was looking on kelley blue book and they said my car at 16k miles goes for $25,600... but honestly they are worth a few k more in my oppinion. i wouldn't let my perfect condition '03 cobra go for less then 27k. (what i paid for it). i think it's worth about 28k with the miles and conditions it's in

musclefan21

Established Member
sell it for 30k. there are people going crazy for low milage cobras. My buddy bought one 5-6 months ago for $30.500 with 4k miles.

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I have had the car since August 2004. I am shocked it is holding it's value so well! I have a 996 turbo that is just killing me value wise! I am shocked. Anyhow I am thinking Autotrader to sell it. I do not want to deal with local punks wanting test drives. I hope someone out of state is interested. I just want the first guy that looks at it to buy it:) Thats what usaully happens:) Last car I sold in 24hrs was listed on autotrader on a thursday night. The guy called me that night. A day later I picked him up at the airport and he bought it and drove it home! If I asked $32k it might sit here for a bit. Not sure.... I am thinking of selling my BBS Plasma rims seperate since the 18x10 demand such a high resale:) I still have the stock ones. Would plasma rims make it sell quicker? I know these are opinion questions only guys.

Where any of you guys forum members before you bought? How did you find your car? I found mine out of state on autotrader.

03Nightmare If I did not care about what things are worth I would not be able to afford the cars I have now. BTW my car put down almost exact numbers as yours. Mine just had a 2.8 pulley, Borla stingers, X pipe, and Intake. Yours should be crazy with 100 shot!

Last edited:

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
I would leave the stock rims on there. sell the other rims outright. I don't think you will have any issues selling your car, and getting the money back out of it. seems like the 03/04 prices are on the up and up lately. Probably due to gt500 prices. dude in my town of clovis NM. a ragged out cobra with any amount of miles will still pull 30K. there just aren't alot around here, and people will jump on them for whatever price just to get one. I think people seeing the car right in front of them, kind of talks them into some crazy prices. I know you don't want local punks gettin ahold of your car but around here where I live local punks are also punks that will pay damn near anything to have one. 03 mach1 local dealership 40000 miles sold for 27,000. a few days ago. talk about rip off.

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Just bought my 03 vert with 9400 from a dealer for 27000. Only mods were springs & MM Caster camber.
car is mint.

Carfax buyback guarantee. One owner lease vehicle.

Good luck on your sell.

dragon40k

Established Member
I'd separate those rims for sure. Who ever buys such a low mileage car might want it to have the stock rims for collecting purposes. I wouldn't sell it for a penny less than 28k.
I didn't see any mods listed though are there any?

Users who are viewing this thread