where to get rear brake caliper tool?

fiveoguy

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can find the tool that is used for rotating the piston in the rear brake caliper? I'm currently using a pair of needle nose pliers but I'd like a better solution. Should be cheap but I can't find it anywhere locally.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
I bought one at NAPA and it fits everything but Cobra calipers. Yup, you guessed it, I use needle nose pliers too. (needle nose vice-grips work best, they stay put). The only advice for you is to go long dollar for the ford specialty tool or make one yourself. Check Snap-On or MAC tools also. I guess I didn't put that much thought in it because I don't work on them every day. Sorry I couln't help more.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I bought one from Autozone, but it had to be modified to work on my Cobra brakes, and even then it still sucked. I say just rent the real kit at Autozone for free.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
I bought mine at oreilys. it was about 8 bucks it was a cube with all these different shapes on the corners it went on the end of a 3/8s inch socket and it screws it in there great.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I bought one from Autozone, but it had to be modified to work on my Cobra brakes, and even then it still sucked. I say just rent the real kit at Autozone for free.
Same here. I bought the cube shaped one and had to use my Dremel on it to make it work. Still wasn't that great.

And lucky me gets to change my rear brakes within a week. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread