where to spray #2

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
is any one runnig their nitrous through the lower intake or a spacer on top the lower. im thinking of getting really crazy and adding a second stage of the bottle to my mix....:bash: my current set up i have the first stage (wet) running through the blower and im not a fan and would really like to move it aft the blower some way. since iv been on the spray my blower has started making a lot of noise. any one eles had similar issues?

cobracide

Established Member
I would tear down the Blower if it is making strange noises before I thought about adding stages to a nitrous setup. A lot of people spray before the throttle body with no issue. You can't spray to much though. Too much wet and the coating comes off the blower blades i think. Also, fuel puddling up can cause backfire issues wet. Hear that dry may be easier pre-blower. How much are you spraying?

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
cant say i've ever seen a two stage kit on a cobra. If your blowers starting to make some noise i'd just ditch the nitrous and maybe do a more aggressive tune on e85, looks like you've got the pumps just pulley down and upgrade the injectors.

cobracide

Established Member
cant say i've ever seen a two stage kit on a cobra. If your blowers starting to make some noise i'd just ditch the nitrous and maybe do a more aggressive tune on e85, looks like you've got the pumps just pulley down and upgrade the injectors.

Edit.. Got ya, you were saying go e85 on the system he has.

Last edited:

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
the blower noise is just bearing noise. i have had the blower rebuild. im just a little scared to spray any more spray in the blower. im spraying 100 shot now on a tcw switch. ive turn up the boost and its just not giving me much more. im at 753hp and 819 tq sae w/race fuel and im just over 700 with 24/25lb and race fuel. ive just moved to az and i have a guy thats killing me and i need to dispose of him lol great guy tho so i need a cheap fix, somthing that will get my top end a kick. 2 stage is what im thinking what ur all opions on the lower?

cobracide

Established Member
Maybe just up it to 150 shot and see how you do? Going more will stress the head bolts. Could always get arp's and do 200. : )

Last edited:

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
Maybe just up it to 150 shot and see how you do? Going more will stress the head bolts. Could always get arp's and do 200. : )

ya but thats big money arps and ect. ive thought about uping the spray but its already hard to keep control of the thing, my ass end keeps wanting to race the front end @ 100 mph and that just not fun lol... ive never had Experience with a dual stage but my idea off it is that u have control of the stage just like the first u can gradually up the power threw the rpms is this correct anybody know? im thinking maybe a slow 50-75 shot. im thinking this may help with my iats too late in the gears.

cobracide

Established Member
You need to inject it before the blower to keep the cooling effect intact as well as the rotors mixing it up. Some people dump it in the back of the blower before the rotors.

71catruck

Established Member
my bad i just typed in progressive nitros controlers on the summit racing home page. it came up with 12 different ones. they adjust the duty cycle of the nitros and ramp up speed. its really cool stuff

Users who are viewing this thread