Where to Start?

JustinB

Established Member
I don't know a whole awful lot about GT500's but have been around mustangs a while. Right now as the car sits I know the car has magnaflow mufflers and thats it.

what do you guys recommend as far as power adders with out getting into changing out the supercharger. Is porting the supercharger worth it? or should i stick to the pulley CAI kit.

Thanks,

J

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
what do you want with the car over all need much more info

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
As for power I would get the jlt intake with a 2.6 upper. Programmer and plus, pick yourself up a dual 66mm L&M throttle body and send your blower out to get ported bu posi.

And I would also recommend to do the suspension mods to help stop the wheel hop and help keep it straight.
Lowering springs, adj panhard bar upper and lower control arms

That would be a good start

JustinB

Established Member
I would like to run in the high 10's low 11's with out going hog wild and buying a new blower set up for now. I have looked into the snake bite kit's but haven't pulled the trigger on one. The car seem's on the heavy side are you guys doing anything to lighten the load? seems like there's a lot of ponies to be picked up with minor bolt ons, just don't want to hurt the engine. any thoughts?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I would like to run in the high 10's low 11's with out going hog wild and buying a new blower set up for now. I have looked into the snake bite kit's but haven't pulled the trigger on one. The car seem's on the heavy side are you guys doing anything to lighten the load? seems like there's a lot of ponies to be picked up with minor bolt ons, just don't want to hurt the engine. any thoughts?

I pc aluminum DS should free up about 20 lbs or rotating mass. Also some nice drag wheels and tires will help you hook and loose some weight off the stockers

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
to lose some weight, get a K memeber with Arms, lighter rad support, lighter rims, 1 pc D/S, all new rear suspension.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Not sure what year 500 you have, but my 10's first mods were a FRPP resonator delete and L&M 66mm TB from Evolution. They both made a noticable difference in throttle response and SOTP feel, but I don't have any dyno numbers yet to back up the feel. Other than that I have a complete Eibach / J&M suspension set up (upper with brace, lowers, panhard bar, panhard brace, C/C plates, and Pro Kit sprigns) sitting on my work bench waiting for isntall. I also did the Revan Racing heat exchanger and Roush intercooler degass bottle which are both flat out awesome! Heat is the enemy to power in these cars and I wanted to make sure I covered that before I made it any hotter under there.
To complete the suspension upgrades I'm probably going to order a set of CHE lower control arm relocation brackets, driveshaft safety loop and possibly the engine torque limiter brace.
I have a VMP pulley and idler waiting as well, but I'm now also considdering either a Posi port or TVS swap before I install them. I haven't made up my mind yet as to which route to take. I'm looking to get the same results that you are and will likely invest in a drag wheel set up with some DR's to assist before I really dig into the engine mods. It doesn't make sense to add power if the power is just going to be wasted with wheel spin and hop. I really wish someone would come up with a 19" DR, but its not looking good for that so new wheels will be a must.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread