Which blower to run with taking kb off

JP_Stang

Established Member
The easiest way is to setup a photobucket account. It's free. Once you have it setup and and download your pictures to your album you can just copy the URL and paste it in your reply.

goat-ee

Established Member
Its hard to imagine a radiator that small is enough to really lower IAT's significantly. Do you have any logs showing before and after IAT's, and of course a before and after dyno would be really awesome? If I could see some more info, I might be interested in buying the intercooler setup, then we could find out what the 2.1 I already have could do with it? I wonder if the Killer Chiller might be just the ticket to really help this thing out!!

afaf9f11.jpg

4608c0f8.jpg

2cd9b9f0.jpg

a17cd5c4.jpg

d6937544.jpg

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
yes before i was around 200-220 iat's now im 130-140s then when meth injects i drop to around 100 wot. also u have to consider the blower is staying colder also cuz the phenolic doesnt transfer heat much. makes huge differece... your 2.1 would be sick with this set up, i wish i had a 2.1, and this would bolt right up, the 1.5 and 2.1 has the same mounting plate to the lower intake. i elimited the plate and used this.

goat-ee

Established Member
yes before i was around 200-220 iat's now im 130-140s then when meth injects i drop to around 100 wot. also u have to consider the blower is staying colder also cuz the phenolic doesnt transfer heat much. makes huge differece... your 2.1 would be sick with this set up, i wish i had a 2.1, and this would bolt right up, the 1.5 and 2.1 has the same mounting plate to the lower intake. i elimited the plate and used this.

Does it raise it enough to create hood clearance problems with the stock 96-98 Cobra hood? Let me know what you want for the setup?

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
I am still running a stock hood if you can see in the pictures. It's close but still fits with no problems. And what setup? U mean the whole thing blower/intercooler, front mount heat exchanger? Or u want the intercooler setup made out of phenolic? I was thinking of making some for people that where having the same pr

mystickb1996

Established Member
the same problem I was having with no intercooler.. I am looking for a procharger/vortech or even a 2.1 kb for a new set up. With the 03 blOck I can be running a bigger blower Forsure and around 550-600whp. I gotta say I love this setup tho for being a 1.5 that people usally say don't make power or not alot, they can just need to cool it

goat-ee

Established Member
I am still running a stock hood if you can see in the pictures. It's close but still fits with no problems. And what setup? U mean the whole thing blower/intercooler, front mount heat exchanger? Or u want the intercooler setup made out of phenolic? I was thinking of making some for people that where having the same pr

I already have a complete and running 2.1 setup. I am wanting to know how much for everything to make it an intercooled setup shipped to 64068?

mystickb1996

Established Member
Ic whatcha mean, and honestly they are not easy to make and would like to do it for you, just would like to see maybe a few more people that are interested also. As of right now I suppose I could sell you the one that's already made and make another when I get the time, car doesn't get driven much so it we. Pm me if you are seriously interested, lol kinda weird having the only one that I have heard about. Suprised no one has thought this out

jmsa540

Established Member
I'll buy one, of course! Having no intercooler is the only reason why I haven't bought one for my 96 Cobra.. What all would be needed to install one of these and how exactly does it work? But like I said, I will buy one...

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I am really impressed with your IAT data.

I already have a hood clearance problem with the throttle linkage with my 1.7L blower. How much thicker is the phenolic plate than the stock plate?

mystickb1996

Established Member
i will pm you guys will data and info if any further question just pm me
thanks sorry been away from computer for a few days

98Svt(281)

I know this is late but I'm interested in a custom Intercooler for my set up , set up is 98 cobra forged internals with flat tops and dss girdle support with 10:5:1 cr ported B heads valve work shm cams long tubes h pipe dui coils imrc delete..interested in the custom set up or talk to someone about it

Users who are viewing this thread