Which blower would you use?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_0167.jpg
Word is that the 2.65 TVS will be out for the 03-04s in the Spring. That is what I am looking for. I will either go that direction or the 2.3TVS depending on numbers and price.
I contacted VMP today about it and got this response

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
there is no point at any time a 2.3 will be as good or better then a 2.8 kb, i have driven both, i run 50/50 93/110 and meth, 23lbs of boost and its a animal. the whipple is a dog even low boost the blower its instant boost, throw the 2.8 on with a 3.75 pulley will put you about 15-16 psi and will make 600 wheel, and heat issues are not a problem with propper cooling upgrades

The 2.3 TVS has proven that a bigger blower is not always a better blower. Add in the fact that the KB produces almost as much heat as a squid redlining his GSXR600 for ten minutes and your statement is not true.

View attachment 1442527
I contacted VMP today about it and got this response

I was going off multiple sources information that was relayed to me. Luckily I am concentrating getting my 4V swapped Vortech project finished first. So maybe by blower time for the CoBro, the 2.65 will be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going off multiple sources information that was relayed to me. Luckily I am concentrating getting my 4V swapped Vortech project finished first. So maybe by blower time for the CoBro, the 2.65 will be out.
Yeah man, no harm, no foul. I'm about to pull the trigger on one and was just checking into it.

tarheels15

Established Member
Heres my two cents which im probably going to get flamed for but here it is. Kenne bell blowers hit harder than vmps and whipples. Plain and simple. Yes kbs run hotter than any other blower out there. At 19psi if you want a nasty down low grunt and seat of the pants feel then i would strongly recommend doing a 6lb lower and the smallest pulley up top to give you the 19psi if its possible with a kenne bell 2.2. This blower flat out performs but yes they do get hot. My second option would be whipple gen 1. Bigger is not always better and twinscrews hit harder than centris and vmp. Iirc a vmp is a rootstyle blower with a massive inlet compared to a whipple 2.3 or kb that can flow very high hp which is not something you need or want when you are shooting for 600rwhp. Its all about tight cylinder pressure and efficiency. No doubt the vmp will run less hotter thats not what you need. Dont spend your money on longtubes either if you want lowend torque. Run stock heads,cams,rai,kb 2.2 or whipple 2.3 with 3.9 or 4.10s and that sob will pull like a freight train.

98termiswap

Established Member
2.8 here no heat issues, rear tank and killer chiller , again ill keep my kb on my car and would never rip it off for any tvs

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have a KB2.6H on pump gas (91) and my car makes over 600 rwhp, My blower does get pretty toastie! Thinking about converting to E85 this spring or possibly investing in a good cooling system (killer chiller).

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
2 friends of mine had 03 Cobras. One had a 2.6 KB and the other a 2.3 Whipple. Both made just over 600 whp and the KB car made 59x-610 tq and the whipple car made about 547 tq... From every roll race no matter the speed the KB would yank out front hard and the whipple car would eventually come back by the time 4th gear came on especially after repeated runs.

The KB heatsoaked bad (stock cooling no upgrades) and i will assume the Whipple car didnt (had a bigger H/E) . However, hell rides were the most fun in the KB car, head would go back into the seat and you would just feel stuck in that position in the seat. The whipple car was like a gradual throw back i was never personally impressed with seat of the pants feel even though the speedometer was moving well.

With all that said i think the best bang for the buck is the TVS no question. KB 2.2 and 2.6 make the best noises though.

Users who are viewing this thread