Which Brakes?

roushcobra03

Established Member
I just purchase Brembos Grand Turismo Big brake kit with slotted rotors and am now debating on if I should exchange them for StopTech's big brake kit. It is a two piece rotor and supposedly the best one on the market. Just curious on what you guys and gals would do.
also there is about a $950 price difference

jwfisher

Banned
1st question is, what are you using the car for? If you are just looking for street performance, any brake change is pointless. Change pads instead.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
The difference between 1 & 2 piece rotors is quite small. The 2 piece will have an aluminium hat & save a few pounds of unsprung weight. I presume they are both 13"(?)

To see if the calipers perform better you have to compare the size of the 4 pistons (the bigger the total piston area...the more power.)

I went to Wilwood 4-piston calipers..very reasonable ($138ea) & 2 piece rotors ($275approx. ea) or they make a 6-piston kit for the Mustang (calipers/2 piece rotors/lines/brackets) for about $1200.

You can however get a noticable improvement by just changing pads & adding steel brake lines...of course...no one will notice ....what fun is that?

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Originally posted by Joe King
I went to Wilwood 4-piston calipers..very reasonable ($138ea)

Not to jack the thread, but....

Hey, where did you find those, and do they bolt on?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread