WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

• TRANS AM / OTHER GM (LOL)

Votes: 58 7.4%
  • CORVETTE Z06

Votes: 103 13.1%
  • PORSCHE 911 TURBO

Votes: 125 15.9%
  • EARLY MODEL VIPER

Votes: 16 2.0%
  • LATE MODEL VIPER

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • SUBARU WRX STI

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • MITSUBISHI EVO

Votes: 29 3.7%
  • OLD RUMBLING MUSCLE CAR

Votes: 116 14.8%
  • ANOTHER 03/04 COBRA :)

Votes: 194 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

94RX-7

Established Member
Originally posted by 380SS
I have to agree with some of the above posts. Anybody can be beaten on a given day. It's those one with the lights on top that don't lose much. That's the one to fear.
they would lose a lot more if they didn't tag team you

cobra101

Established Member
glad to see this link is back in use..From the results of the vote, it was as I figured it would be. We are most "worried" (if you'd call it that) about another 03/04 cobra. I guess it's becuase we all know the potential all too well.

:)

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
No one, as I don't mind losing to a better one,but it ain't happened in my neighborhood yet.

alexr40

Established Member
I would fear a Ferrari Enzo with a Turbocharger boosting at 29+ PSI with a 200+ Juicy nitrous shot

plus all the mods to hold that amount of power on that almost unmodificable high-compression engines

jejeje.. i am bored

DaTruth

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
A cammed and sprayed LS1. Impossible to beat from a roll unless we have huge boost and a ported blower. Spray might even be needed. Don't believe me? Race one!

You tell them!!!! And dont mess around and run into a big cubed LS1 with nitrous. :D

V1uhoh

Established Member
murfTrack1_s.jpg

One of these at 11psi:burnout:

Last edited:

94RX-7

Established Member
Originally posted by DaTruth
You tell them!!!! And dont mess around and run into a big cubed LS1 with nitrous. :D
with the setup in your sig what kind of times do you run? Just curious.

qbeanjoe

Banned
nah, I think the scariest.........
is a damn Charger......
I saw one at the light......
it was deja vu......
like Fast Furious....

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Anything that has more than 3 cylinders. My car is heavy, and underpowered. I have lost more races than I have won.. Both of my wins came from the track (Acura Integra / Beat up Honda / GMC Yukon ). Everything on the street however, has been a humilating defeat.

When I get a sports/muscle car. That will change very quickly.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
My car looks bone stock with exception of cobra R's. Even with the stock H-pipe on you can still tell it's camming like a mo-fo. In my opinion, my car car is how the 5.0's should've came from the factory. The drivability is still good above 1500 RPM's and isn't that bad at all below that. The idle is great. God, I'm loving it. And with a few adjustments, it'd probably pass emissions.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Originally posted by REDFIRE1
Howdy there. As for my Bullsh*t statement of 162 top speed... Give Motor trend a call and let them know they are full of it.

Motor Trend, June 1989-Volume 41 Number 6-pp. 42-47, 50, 54
Flat-out Fastest American Cars II-the Sequel
TTA does 162 mph at Arizona Test Center.

There is also mor einfo on the TTA on this website http://www.89tta.com/ttapublist.htm

In additon the things that are different than a GN (I think others were asking earlier or stating that the cars--the GN and the TTA had the same powertrain) like;

Different heads were necessary in order to squeeze the motor between the strut towers. These heads, adapted from the transverse FWD version of the 3.8 liter motor, have the added benefit of improved exhaust flow and combustion chamber design. Subsequently, different pistons were required in order to maintain combustion chamber volume. Other changes to the TTA motor are a cross-drilled crank, larger 12 fin/inch GNX-style intercooler in place of the GN's 10 fin/inch design, specially-designed stainless-steel headers, higher-pressure Bosch 237 fuel pressure regulator, and a recalibrated engine control module.

Chris

I knew there were some differences between the GN and TTA drivetrains, but couldn't remember the details. Thanks for clearing it up! :beer:

04supercharged

Established Member
I really am not scared of anything but if I had to choose it would have to be a old muscle car

shaved99gt

Established Member
2nd gen RX-7's with modded LS-1's and nitrous they got a couple that live around me and let me tell you they are SICK!!!

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
I never even knew what a GN was until last night, when a pretty good sounding one pulled up next to me at a light, a little ahead of me. Had a seriously stupid Superman logo on his back window...and me, not knowing what a GN was, move a little bit up to get even with him, thinking the car doesn't look all that impressive...

Well, needless to say, I got to watch that stupid logo until he was out of sight. It was amazing; I've never seen a race as one-sided. I was crushed very, very quickly.

nimesis

The only car I really fear in this part is the new GTs our local PD got.
Man thats just not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
does anyone have a picture of a gn so i can keep one in the car so the same embarassment does not fall upon me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread