• ACCEL

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Weaon X

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeaponX_Perf

Established Member
The only aftermarket COPS I've tried were the WeaponX ones. They were all the rage several years ago...

And their claims were that the spark was so much greater than that of the OEM that you would see a change in AFR because that's how efficient they were. They simply broke up at higher rpms, in my experience. And many had the same experience as me. In fact, IIRC the owner of WeaponX got banned from ModularFords because of their product not meeting the claims.

As far as what happened with your tuner...well maybe your tuner isn't that good.

But many have run some very high hp applications and have made the FORD COPS work without issue.

I've wanted to believe the hype about aftermarket COPS, but as far as I'm concerned the WeaponX is not different than the Granatelli or Accel or MSD...(or insert whatever brand you want here)...

The stock COPS are stout. And not too expensive to replace either.

I don't like participating in internet drama, so asking you to please not spread rumors, when you clearly don't know the truth. To clear the air. I never got "banned" because of what you state. I got banned for telling off Jerry Wolbolski, who happens to be Eric Brooks buddy. It ended a heated discussion about how the Ford ignition system actually functions, and that his assumptions were wrong. That hurt his pride, Jerry got mad, so I got banned, and Eric Brooks stole money from me in the process. Extremely unprofessional. Funny enough, what Jerry learnt from our discussion is now what he now teaches in his tuning seminars, concerning ignition charge cycles, and how the KB BAS actually functions. Still no apology, but he clearly understands how the system now works. Also, to clarify, our coils are not GMS, etc knockoffs, and Shelby American isn't taking bribe money from us to use our product on their 1300hp Mustang, the Shelby 1000... they are used because they are the only coils to hold a spark at those power levels. Maybe other tuners know something Shelby American doesn't... Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread