• ACCEL

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Weaon X

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evers86

Established Member
I believe I have a bad coil pack and looking to get new ones. Currently im running Accels. And Ive been thinking about switching it up this time. I cant decide which ones to get. My options are Ford racing, Weapon X, MSD, GMS, stock or Accels again. Whats the best coil out there to get? Im leaning towards the FRPP. Let me know what you guys think.

I would not use anything but stock. I've used both WeaponX sets with breaking up issues. Ford made a reliable COP.

vroom

Established Member
definitely buy stock!! I wish this thread was started before I wasted my money on a set of weapon x. My tuner told me stock is the only way to go, and the stock coils will support 1000 hp

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
They all suck even stock. One day Ill go to an aftermarket ECU and do LSX coils.

Agreed. I bought FORD COPS (Made in china) a week ago because my tuner insisted on them.... they suck! I am going to do an experiment and compare STOCK to MSD's with GSM 0 ohm connectors. I will post what I find.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/944435-gms-vs-stock-cop-experiment.html

Electricity is electricity no matter what the stamp on it. a larger voltage will give it a more "STABLE" spark not hotter. My car was breaking up at 6300 under 25# of boost. same with my buddy (both brand new engines his teksid, mine BOSS).

maybe for lower boost = STOCK
but I predict that at 23# and up = MSD.

Just my 2 cents and a heads up on my experiment.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread