Which control arms to buy? SRA Guys come on in!

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey guys, I have a feeling my control arm bushings are going out in my 01 Terminator Swapped Bullitt. I do a mix of dig/high speed runs, so I'd really like something that's good for either application, and prefer it be adjustable.

Does anyone know the difference between the Pro kit and Pro-Street kit that UPR sells? Is UPR a brand you guys would recommend? What brand is being used with the most success, and how important is it that I get spherical metal bushings when doing this swap? And do I run those sphericals just up top? Or all the way around? Any help I can get on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i'm running Eibach Sportlines, so once I get these new control arms, should I adjust my pinion angle?

Thanks ahead of time SVTp! :beer:

Dakota

iBiTe03

Established Member
I run the UPR pro extreme stuff with team z spherical bushings. Double uppers and single lowers. real nice pieces and work well.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I run the UPR pro extreme stuff with team z spherical bushings. Double uppers and single lowers. real nice pieces and work well.

How bad is the noise over bumps with the teams z bushings? I heard someone on the corral say they had steeda sphericals and they weren't as bad as most?

iBiTe03

Established Member
yeah they are all aluminum, i cant find a reason why one would be quieter than the other. the upr or any good upper and lower arms will all be solid bushings at the body anyway. No way around a little more noise going with solid bushings, just deal with it.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
yeah they are all aluminum, i cant find a reason why one would be quieter than the other. the upr or any good upper and lower arms will all be solid bushings at the body anyway. No way around a little more noise going with solid bushings, just deal with it.

Is the noise unbearable? I mean, i'm running Stingers with a Catless Bassani, so I doubt i'll hear much, and as long as they do their job i'll be happy with it.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member

sallen85

Established Member
use the maximum motorsports with bearings and love them. Lowers only the uppers are stock, when changed them the factory lowers steel bushing had torn loose from the rubber and the rubber was oval. I don't get much noise from the lowers and the ride is great.

Last edited:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member

Thanks For the simple clarification :beer:

iBiTe03

Established Member
Is the noise unbearable? I mean, i'm running Stingers with a Catless Bassani, so I doubt i'll hear much, and as long as they do their job i'll be happy with it.
I mean i am a pretty easy going guy and a little noise in a high hp car doesnt bother me because I know I have good parts under it... Its just hard to say, youre gonna have to try em to see if you like them. If not sell them.
I have baseline suspensions upper control arms, www.baselinesuspensions.com
Baseline makes top notch stuff too.
Thanks For the simple clarification :beer:

no problem:coolman:

iBiTe03

Established Member
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Pro Street Adjustable Upper & Lower Control Arm Package

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Pro Series Adjustable Control Arms Package - UPR Products

These are the two that i've been looking at. Seems like the first one has a spot for the sway bar, but no spherical bushings that come with it, and the second one comes with the spherical bushings, yet no spot for the sway bar. Is this right? Anything else that you guys can point out?

this is exactly what i run
79-04 Mustang Extreme Series Upper Control Arms
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Pro Series Chrome Moly Adjustable Lower Control Arms - UPR Products
Team Z Spherical (solid) Bushings

the lowers come with a sway bar mount to if you wish to keep the sway bar

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
That's a pretty nice setup. I've been researching this all night it seems on various other sites and such, and what I keep coming across that people are raving about are the Maximum Motorsports adjustable lowers with either the FRPP HD uppers or Steeda Uppers. Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

iBiTe03

Established Member
That's a pretty nice setup. I've been researching this all night it seems on various other sites and such, and what I keep coming across that people are raving about are the Maximum Motorsports adjustable lowers with either the FRPP HD uppers or Steeda Uppers. Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

that setup wont be adjustable. the MM only has an adjustable spring perch

iBiTe03

Established Member

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
you had the frpp hd in your post and those arent adjustable. the steedas yes, and the maximum lowers wont adjust like the uppers. just raise and lower the spring perch

Yeah, I figured those weren't, and be it that i'm running Eibach Sportlines, I would imagine the adjustables aren't. What is adjustable on the Pro UPR's lowers that isn't on the Maximum Motorsports. Sorry man, I'm such a scrub with suspension, I'm used to Leaf springs! =P I'm just trying to set up a car that I can adjust to go to the strip, but still hold my own in Autocross if the car ever gets to that point. Would such a setup as I posted be prime for that kind of thing?

Users who are viewing this thread