Which control arms to buy? SRA Guys come on in!

iBiTe03

Established Member
Yeah, I figured those weren't, and be it that i'm running Eibach Sportlines, I would imagine the adjustables aren't. What is adjustable on the Pro UPR's lowers that isn't on the Maximum Motorsports. Sorry man, I'm such a scrub with suspension, I'm used to Leaf springs! =P I'm just trying to set up a car that I can adjust to go to the strip, but still hold my own in Autocross if the car ever gets to that point. Would such a setup as I posted be prime for that kind of thing?

with the adjustable lowers like the UPR's you can adjust the length of the arm and the MM's you cant.

For the strip you really want all solid bushings, as for autocross i cant really say much because I have never done it and I do not know what works. Drag racing on the other hand I can steer you in the right direction

Im pretty sure the setup you posted or the setup i posted would be fine for autocross. The main concern is the type of spring and shock used

Last edited:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Intereresting, kinda pricey though... If I do go with the MM lowers, seems like I'll be spending quite a bit, but I definitely don't want to skimp out on something so important either... This stuff is killing me, lol. I'm tempted to just grab the Pro-Street UPR kit for 299 and call it a day, since i'm sure it will be worlds better than my stock setup as it is. I just keep hearing great things about MM products at the same time. At this current time I'm more worried about Tail-end wag, as most of my runs lately have been 40-140 or so, and it seems like a bushing is out in the rear of my car, and it almost feels like it's trying to rock back and forth, scary stuff at high speeds.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
with the adjustable lowers like the UPR's you can adjust the length of the arm and the MM's you cant.

For the strip you really want all solid bushings, as for autocross i cant really say much because I have never done it and I do not know what works. Drag racing on the other hand I can steer you in the right direction

Im pretty sure the setup you posted or the setup i posted would be fine for autocross. The main concern is the type of spring and shock used

Alright, and by solid you mean metal (Spherical)? My shocks will be the next upgrade after all this mess, as I'm currently rocking the stock Bullitt Tokiko's.

iBiTe03

Established Member
no keep thread open

Yes the spherical bushings will go on the rear end housing, upper only. the rest of the bushings will be decided on what arms you get

red97

Established Member
I'm running PA racing, it's a pretty nice piece, I chose red powdercoat to match. I'm also running the upr pro rear lowers it tracks pretty well and is not too noisy on the street. Just not sure which shocks/struts I should go with..

Users who are viewing this thread