Which exhaust do you think is louder?

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
I just prefer the chambered sound over the straight through designs. I had magnaflows and a pro chamber on my old GT. It was ok but as soon as I swapped the magnaflows out for original 2 chamber flows, it was great. I don't need the loudest car ever. If I make the effort to swap out the catback, I just want to go with the louder of the 2 since they both sound similar. Drone is not a factor because I actually like the drone in the car.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Had Flowmaster.. hated it.. every mustang sounded alike... I went with sss terminators... best idea I have ever had.. 350 shipped to my door.. louder than all hell and sounds good... type in tim darrah into youtube for some clips of my Mach o.r x with Flowmaster and with sss terminator

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Had Flowmaster.. hated it.. every mustang sounded alike... I went with sss terminators... best idea I have ever had.. 350 shipped to my door.. louder than all hell and sounds good... type in tim darrah into youtube for some clips of my Mach o.r x with Flowmaster and with sss terminator

haha i just put two and two together. i just saw tim darrah on my facebook muahahaha i remember you saying you were monster mach on here too. this is too funny

torrey

Established Member
running long tube headers, no cats, x pipe and flowmasters.. not too loud when babying it. But man when you get on it and it hits anything above 3 grand its loud.

1cln50

Established Member
I have BBK long tubes into a catted X and borla stingers and its plenty loud wide open but not to terrible while driving

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
I have flowmasters on my 04 cobra with a off road x pipe and longtubes. sounds like a typical mustang? yes, but does that mean its bad? no.

Ive also ran mac, and magnapacs.

Stingers are nice, but just as common as flowmasters anymore.

magnapacs are excellent, i just prefer the sound a chambered muffler makes on these cars.

If you have the money Id go for the bassani catback. I had one on my 03 gt and IMO theres nothing else that sounds better.

TorchedMach

Established Member
Had Super 44's and MAC on my Mach. The 44's were best sounding with an o/r x-pipe and the MAC was best sounding with a catted h-pipe (MAC brand). I ran the MAC's with an o/r h-pipe and it wasn't as clean sounding as the 44's. The 44's are best with o/r pipe whether it be an h or x. I preferred the x. The MAC's were louder with o/r midpipe but the 44's sounded better imo.

I'd share videos if I could find them. They were on streetfire but have disappeared somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread