Which exhaust is louder Ford Racing or Corsa?

Jorday

Established Member
Ok, here's the thing, I'm having a difficult time finding out an answer to this one. I suspect that the corsa is probably a little more mellow than the Ford Racing exhaust. Is there anybody that has heard both of them in person that can comment on this? The Ford Racing exhaust sounds amazing driving around in part throttle driving conditions, but to me the sound is a little bit too raspy at full throttle. I'm looking for something maybe somewhere in between the stock exhaust and the Ford Racing I guess.

Sorry I know you guys are probably gonna reply wtf dude just put the stock exhaust back on if its too loud ya frickin noob...but could someone that's heard them both just pretty please give me a brief comparison? If someone posts me a good response I promise to never make another catback thread again. :)

RangerDLA

Established Member
I have the Ford Racing exhaust and I feel like its tone and volume is perfect. I haven't heard Corsa on these cars, but on the GM pushrod motors it sounded a tad raspy to me. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I've had the Ford Racing on mine for two years and I still smile every time I hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorday

Established Member
Thanks for checking in. Maybe the corsa isn't any more tame than the ford racing. How do you like those brakes?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
This is my exhaust thread check it out, I have used both of those axle backs, yes the Corsa exhaust is quieter than the FRPP exhaust, but I actually like the tone of the FRPP exhaust, idk I guess I can't really pick one over the other. Listen to the videos and you decide.
P.S. the FRPP exhaust is the same as the Borla ATAK axle back

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...78-2013-GT500-exhaust-video-update&highlight=

Last edited:

Jorday

Established Member
haha, thanks for posting that link, that's a great thread man. I'm the same way, I think its kinda fun testing a couple different exhausts, etc and then sticking with the one I like best. I wonder if someone would be interested in trading their corsa for my ford exhaust.

Jorday

Established Member
Well I went ahead and just ordered myself a corsa. I had a hard time deciding initially between the corsa and the ford racing. I ended up going with the ford racing exhaust, but I also thought there was a decent chance I would end up with both of them before it was all said and done. So now I can try em both and just keep which ever one sounds better to me.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Right on, maybe I missed it but do you still have the factory catted H pipe or do you have a OFR X pipe? If you're interested still running the stock exhaust than the Ford racing axle back is going to sound amazing, it's only when you delete the cats it gets a little obnoxious

Jorday

Established Member
I still have the factory catted H pipe. the ford exhaust does sound amazing driving around normally. My one issue is that at full throttle its a little raspy and the exhaust system resonates in my car at WOT. You know what I mean it's that loud metallic sounding exhaust note from the exhaust being so loud? it almost sounds like the exhaust is being rapidly hit with something. That's the noise that bothers me.

I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's time for headers. With no cats the ford exhaust or the corsa will definitely be far too loud for my wussy ears. I suppose when it's time for the headers I will have to either man up and let it be loud as shit, or maybe I could try the factory axle back exhaust at that time. Or I guess I could order headers with cats...but idk...when you call up a place and order cats with your headers it just feels all wrong like youre cheating on the car by putting cats on it with the headers lol.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
With headers and no cats just run the factory mufflers, they sound really nice with with full exhaust and stock mufflers.

Beercules

Established Member
I have headers w/o cats and corsas. Not too bad. Added cams, too loud. Had exhaust shop install resonators, this killed the sound of the cams and bad raspy sound.

Just completed replacing the resonators with flowmaster 3" pro series mufflers. Sounds awesome and went from 14mpg to 19 mpg (resonators must have added a lot of back pressure, had to relearn idle). Still have the corsas. Quiet and deep at idle. Obviously no drone due to corsas. Flowmasters hang a little low.

Jorday

Established Member
With headers and no cats just run the factory mufflers, they sound really nice with with full exhaust and stock mufflers.
Yeah, that's probably the smartest option and also the easiest

I have headers w/o cats and corsas. Not too bad. Added cams, too loud. Had exhaust shop install resonators, this killed the sound of the cams and bad raspy sound.

Just completed replacing the resonators with flowmaster 3" pro series mufflers. Sounds awesome and went from 14mpg to 19 mpg (resonators must have added a lot of back pressure, had to relearn idle). Still have the corsas. Quiet and deep at idle. Obviously no drone due to corsas. Flowmasters hang a little low.

Very cool man. Any pics of the resonator or flowmasters? If no pics available, where did you locate the flowmaster mufflers in the exhaust system, just after the headers or farther back?

Beercules

Established Member
After the h pipe, they end just before the turn to go up over the axles. No pictures, you'd laugh. My first time trying to weld. Mig.

Last edited:

fearthesnake

Established Member
I really like the off road X and H pipe with the factory mufflers. Sounds really good cruising, not to loud at all.

I'm not running headers though but would like to eventually.

Good luck in your quest!

36382mm

Established Member
2011 gtcs "P.S. the FRPP exhaust is the same as the Borla ATAK axle back "

Are you sure about this, I thought is was alot closer to the "S" . If your correct then I'll stick with my borla touring especially with future plans in mind.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
2011 gtcs "P.S. the FRPP exhaust is the same as the Borla ATAK axle back "

Are you sure about this, I thought is was alot closer to the "S" . If your correct then I'll stick with my borla touring especially with future plans in mind.

From everything I have read the FRPP exhaust is the Borla ATAKs. Now my supersnake mufflers are just Borla S-type mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread