which handheld?

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
i am getting ready to order a handheld tuner but i cant really decide which one. diablo or sct2 or 3? do they all come with canned tunes that i can use for just now till i get my pulley installed? or which do you guys prefer? i know it depends on what your tuner like too. any inpuy will help. thanks.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I use a DiabloSport because my tuner uses it. It works well I have no complaints. Overall I think that SCT is better. They all come with Pre-Loaded tunes.

Last edited:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
whatever whomever is going to do your tune, tunes with....

iTz JoHN

Established Member
the tuners that I talked to they all like sct x cal 3.. (talk to the tuner that is going to tune for you)

dizzygoat

Established Member
it's all going to depend on your tuners personal preference and what he uses. Not to say any one is better than the other, so find someone you are comfortable with tuning your vehicle and use what they recommend, and in most cases can send you a canned tune to get you by until you can get in and strapped to the dyno. Granted its cold outside, depending where you live it will vary so the colder it is the more careful you might wanna be until you can get it fully tuned.
just my $.02

Brad

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
i started with a predator...and loved it. hell id still have it and would be loving it if it wasnt for the fact i didnt like diablosports datalogging.
I am now using an xcal 3...just like the predator i love it, and it has alot of things i like much better than the xcal 2..and the back lit screen is just one item on that list.

you cant go wrong either way, just make sure you pick up whatever your tuner tunes with

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Imo...Most reputable SVT lightning tuners are going to tune with the SCT XCal2,3, or livewire series hand held nowadays......Do your homework on tuners because this is key to the safey and performance of your truck.

txyaloo

Established Member
XCal all the way if your tuner uses it. The Predator is a dog. Their datalogging is horrible because it won't let you log an aux input. That means it's difficult to get a log with AFR if you have a wideband. Also, they seemed to have dropped most support for the Lightning Predators. No new software has been released in a few years, and the old software is clunky at best.

Users who are viewing this thread