which is better PS3 or the Nintendo Wii ?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I would think the PS3 would be better in the long run. The "weak games" argument is actually a positive - they are only scratching the surface for the PS3.

If you look at the PS2, they are still building games for it even with the PS3's release, and it has accomodated game advancements on its platform over the last several years it's been around.

I can only imagine what future PS3 games will look like.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The Wii will have an upcoming SMB game which I believe is titled as Super Mario Galaxy along with Metroid Corruption. When you take into effect that Zelda TP is available now, Nintendo will have their three biggest franchise games available on the Wii early on during its release. Unlike the release of the GC, which was kicked off miserably, the Wii looks promising.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
horseplay said:
My PS3 Has different stuff for games.... I played Fight night round 3 For my 360 and it looks real, But I bought the game for my PS3 And its unreal.... First they have the veins sticking out the arm, Sweat looks more real.... And They have a new feature that i love and its only available on the PS3.... Its called Get in the ring, Where it feels like your really fighting.... You see the fight through your fighters eyes. Its crazy.... So yea its different.

You have to remember they had another year to develop the game as opposed to the 360 version. It was a launch title for 360 also.

Leeroy697

Established Member
I have a ps3 and its very sweet. I have never been a big fan of xbox so that why I dont have one. I do love nintendo and will be buying a wii sometime next year. Everyone I talk to who has played one said that its damn fun.

KYLightning02

Established Member
screw it and buy all three i finally got my hands on a ps3 the other day after waiten for ever but as of now i still like the 360 best but ps3 should come back strong when they finally get some games

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Only reason I got Both machines is because.... The technology and Gran Turismo will be coming sometime, It will not be on my 360. I Also have the 360 for Forza 2, So all the great games will come on different machines. The game im playing right now on my 360 is Test Drive Unlimited & NFS Carbon. Fight Night 3 For the PS3. I love my PC Games like The sims 2.... I will have all the Expansions today lol

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Price on the PS3's won't likely come down much if at all. Sony's already selling them at a loss to be competitive with the lesser consoles. Plus, it has a BluRay player built in and I've seen more than a few people buy it just for that with the game piece as a bonus feature (or vice versa).

The PS3 is difficult to develop for but it has vastly superior capabilities to all the other consoles; they really are just scratching the surface. Plenty of people are happy with the lessor consoles like the Wii, and that's great. IMHO I'd rather get something more high end and future proof; the PS3 will be around for a good long time and given the chance to mature further, that's the unit to have if you afford it.

Dusten

Established Member
to the person who asked, yes you can browse the net with the PS3, i was playing on this site and youtube earlier.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
I set up my cousin's Wii and it's pretty cool. We were playing Madden '07 and you actually make a throwing motion with the controller to make a pass. It's pretty neat.

GT_Jim

Established Member
The wii is a fun toy that quickly grows old. I know that when I play a fighting game, the last thing I want to do is swing a controller for 3 hours. If I need a workout, I take myself to the gym. If I want to play games, I fire up the Playstation.

Users who are viewing this thread