which is faster

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Have any of you guys raced a 454 ss p/u? I mean stock for stock, because this guy were i work swears that the 454 will "SMOKE" a 1st gen. I say the lightning will woop on it but he says no.

COBRA32

Established Member
It would be very close. Yours has better handling so try a curvey road ; if you can drive. Get yourself a new lightning; that would put some serious hurt on that 454SS. Like those 1st generations lightnings too, so put some nos on that 351 and say bye bye to the 454 SS pickup.

Brian Baskin

Established Member
They run pretty much identical times, stock. One won't be wooping up on another. Then again, going fast is the only thing the 454ss has going for it :) No braking or handling skills, and an atrocious interior.

Fast50Capri

Established Member
I'm new here, Name is Steve and I can answer your question.

I bought one of the first 93 Lightnings that made it to Anchorage Alaska when I was there with the Air Force. The truck didnt even have 3K miles and was dead stock all the way down to the timing. I got a side by side from a light with a stock 92 454SS. We went from a dead stop to about 100 MPH and we were door to door till about 85 and I pulled about a foot on him at 100. As close a race as I have ever been in.

:burnout:

Steve

Fast50Capri

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome Larry.

Where you from in the Bay Area? Wifes from Vacaville. I was just up there in July with my Gen 1 pulling my racecar. Took it to Sac raceway, gotta love that 63 Ft ele. there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread