Which on sale driveshaft to buy

99mstng

Established Member
Shaftmaster for $540 direct or aluminum dss from jpc for $650?

I was planning on grabbing a dss carbon fiber from lethal if they run a 10% off again this winter but I'm thinking these aluminum deals are to good to pass up and leave more $ for other things.

Any other vendors got anything else to offer to make the decision even tougher?

hitmix300

Established Member
ShaftMasters man

og9z.jpg

Just installed mine tonight it was a walk in the park. They even include a tap to clean the old locktite in the threads

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
ShaftMasters man

og9z.jpg

Just installed mine tonight it was a walk in the park. They even include a tap to clean the old locktite in the threads

This looks better than the shaftmaster I've seen in the past

DNT H8

Established Member
Thats still a hundred dollar difference... DSS better be $100 better. I might just but a SM after seeing this sale, do they normaly charge for shipping?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The shaftmasters is a damn fine deal, if they are the same quality with no issues like the other brands it would be a no brainer.
$540 is a real good price.

99mstng

Established Member
I don't think they're a vendor so I won't post the link but search and you'll find. Your clue is I'm pretty sure they only sell direct!

I can't tell you the grief of borrowing a 12 pt 12 mm socket has caused me lol that just about seals it for me!

01GTB

Established Member
I never thought trying to pick a driveshaft would be so difficult. You just know someone is going to put the Dynotech on sale.

Boss3oh2

I've heard Shaftmaster's quality has greatly improved and for 540 that is a great deal however a 540 dollar paperweight if otherwise. I think DSS and Dynotech are more because they're proven and do much more QC, research and development. I could be wrong though

Torchy

Established Member
ShaftMasters man

og9z.jpg

My shaft masters was 100% identical looking to this. Zero vibrations.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Just installed mine.....No vibrations what so ever, and the acceleration feels a little crisper now..... I got mine for 539 shipped to my door....it came with the Drive Shaft, New rear bolts, a tube of locktite, a socket, and a tap to clean the threads....

They have them 10% off on their site until December 15th....GREAT product and GREAT customer service from David

IGO 202

Established Member
I've hesitated to post about an aluminum driveshaft since the topic is like "which oil is best".

But.........I'm gonna ask because the research is still leaving me questioning. Most of the time folks just post which one they bought and how much they like it.

I gather all three major brands are really good and work well.

Now that the price difference is out there my question is:
What are the pro's to each brand (besides price) and what influenced you to buy your particular shaft.

Thanks & by the way, which oil is best? j/k
Dan

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can't go wrong with DSS or Dynotech. We use the DSS ones on our project cars and they've worked out great for us. However we sell a ton of Dynotech ones too.

Both Dynotech and DSS will be on sale for our Black Friday deal and DSS will also be a part of our 12 days of Christmas.

If there's anything we can help you with please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

Mr. Anderson

Established Member
If your wondering about the stoutness of the shaftmaster don't, I broke my rearend diff at the track running slicks. the driveshaft is still in one piece.

86merc

Established Member
I have had my shaftmasters driveshaft for two years now. Plenty of issue free Street miles and slick passes at the drag strip. Broke the rear end three times but the driveshaft has had no issues. Well worth the money in my opinion. The lock tight, tap and socket just show their commitment to customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread