Which rear shocks for street/strip racing and what kind of 60' improvements to expect

john11gt

Established Member
Im thinking about buying some rear shock to help get my 60' down some more. What shocks does everyone recommend? Ive looked around and it seems the Vi King d/a shocks and the Strange s/a shocks are popular. Is there anything else besides these two that are good for racing at the track and the street?

My car is a tune and x-pipe 6m car and the only suspension mods I have is an UCA. I cut a 1.58 60' launching at 6k the last time I was at the track and was curious how much the shocks could drop that.

BMR Tech

As one of the first people to ever test that combo (Strange / Viking) - I can tell you, there is nothing else that performs as well as that, for the price.

I would just grab them, and our SP068 drag springs while you are at it.

A similar combo went 1.24 sixty foot last night ;)

john11gt

Established Member
Thanks.

Right now Im just looking for the rear shocks though and I cant decide between the Strange singles or the Viking doubles. I know that double adjustables are better because they allow for more tuning but Im worried that It will take forever to get them dialed in and even then I might not get it perfect. Im considering the Strange shocks for that reason, that it wont take as long to get them to dialed in.

By switching to aftermarket shocks like these what kind of improvements do you think I could get, already cutting a 1.58 60'? What kind of improvement do you think there would be to go from a single adjustable to a double adjustable?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
A 1.58 sounds pretty good for just a tune & an X pipe! I'd wait till you had the funds for the dubble adjustable Vikings, but only if your making enough power to warrant them... What tire are you running? If your hooking at 6K, then it sounds like you need to save the shock money for power upgrades...

john11gt

Established Member
I have the money for the double adjustables I just want to know how much of a difference there is between the single and doubles. If the difference between the two isnt substantial I can save my money and go with the singles. I know at higher horsepower levels it can make more of a difference but at my power level I would like to know the difference.

The car is on a Hoosier QTP and it has plenty of power as is, these cars are just heavy pigs. Theres more to building a quick car than throwing more power at it. Every .1 off your 60' is .2 off your ET and good suspension is essential to that.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we recommend the Viking double adjustables, it's our goto shock, very reasonably priced for a nice shock.

will let you fine tune compression and rebound.

give us a shout if you need help
513-478-1965

Users who are viewing this thread