Which s/c Roush, Whipple or Procharger?

realaxed83

Established Member
I've never had a roush but I had a whipple on my last car and it did great, never a problem. My vote would be for positive displacement simply because the low end is awesome. Esp. in a street car where you will spend much more time in the low end. Just my .02

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Just so everyone doesn't think I'm biasd. I have had Vortechs and Paxtons on my old school 5.0s and a KB on my 03 cobra. My Convertable 5.0 back in the 90s was running 9s with a T trim and my 03 cobra was running 9s with the Kenne bell and a 50 shot.

This new 5.0 is limited on how much boost it can run. The higher compression is great but anyone running over 9psi with pump gas won't last long! Sure you will see people doing it but they will blow up it only takes one bad tank of gas. The best blower for this car is a positve displacement blower no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Your limited on how much boost you can run so in my opinion run the best blower that makes the best TQ and HP up to 9 or 10 psi.
Limiting factor on how much boost to run is the rods, not the cr. Keep in mind our high cr is the static number. With variable cam timing the dynamic cr changes and will be much lower.

Users who are viewing this thread