which seats to get...Recaro or Cobra

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
i was looking at these 2 seats...i have ridden in cars w/ both seats and like them both. anyone know the pros/cons of them, besides the price difference?

http://www.on-trackperformance.com/recaro_sport.htm (same as the 2000 Cobra R seats) $1480

http://www.autotoystore.com/cobra.html (Daytona model) $1199

and does anyone know if the install is straight forward on the Recaro seats? i was told the Cobra Daytona's are a PITA to install. Thanks.

Last edited:

astippich

Established Member
The recaro seats in leather cost $1125. The two are pretty similar price wise. I have sat in a car with the recaro's and they are what the car should have come with. The mechanic who owned the car said the install was easy, 4 bolts per seat. I have no experience with the cobra seats.

WDW MKR

Established Member
astippich said:
The recaro seats in leather cost $1125. The two are pretty similar price wise. I have sat in a car with the recaro's and they are what the car should have come with. The mechanic who owned the car said the install was easy, 4 bolts per seat. I have no experience with the cobra seats.

I hope you mean $1125, per seat! I have never seen a pair of leather Recaros for that price... not even used.

SlowSVT

Established Member
What's wrong with the stock Cobra seats? They are one of the most comfortable seats I've sat in. The charcol 04 seats look awsome.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
What's wrong with the stock Cobra seats? They are one of the most comfortable seats I've sat in. The charcol 04 seats look awsome.

i thought they were pretty comfortable until i rode in xtremejc's car (cobra daytona seats) and also a guy i know who has a 2000 Cobra R (recaro seats)...after that, the 03/04 cobra seats don't feel so comfortable.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Cobra Daytonas all the way!!! You know that since you sat on mines... :)

yeah, but i'm hesitant to start grinding and modifying my seat rails...i'm trying to find out if any modifications are needed for the Recaro seats.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
sbc.cobra said:
yeah, but i'm hesitant to start grinding and modifying my seat rails...i'm trying to find out if any modifications are needed for the Recaro seats.

Just busting your chops bro !!!

The recaros are very nice but more $$$... Making the adapters was a PITA but once done the seats do rock !!! :burnout:

SlowSVT

Established Member
sbc.cobra said:
i thought they were pretty comfortable until i rode in xtremejc's car (cobra daytona seats) and also a guy i know who has a 2000 Cobra R (recaro seats)...after that, the 03/04 cobra seats don't feel so comfortable.

Wow, that's a tall order. I will have to check out those Cobra Daytona seats. One thing I'm not crazy about the stock seats is they are soo damn heavy. Actually I can do without all that electric quizmo's.

MoreBoost

Established Member
SlowSVT said:

Haaa....well I guess it depends on the person. I just bought my '04 and drove home across country and for me the seats were like some sort of torture device. I'm about 6'3" 195 lbs and I found the seat bolsters to be way too tight. It made the seats in my '02 GT feel downright luxurious by comparison. I like the looks of the Cobra seats better but they definitely weren't made for bigger guys.

2kbill

Established Member
Recaro Sports, four bolts and they're in.

10%20recaro2.jpg

3GROC

Established Member
Cobra daytonas were most comfy for me. I dont own them but used to sell them back in the day when I had an ls1 and was a vendor for em.

Im a bigger guy tho...6'1 265 so that might have something to do with it cause they are cut bigger it seemed

check the sidewinders too

Last edited:

blowngt

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Remember that seats like 2KBill has will be a lot more expensive because of the customer leather.

What custom leather??? On Track has several different colors to choose from. If you go with the leather option, it is alittle more expensive, but I believe that they're still under $1200.

Users who are viewing this thread