Which Short Throw Shifter?

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
MGW hands down. I had one in my GT. I just bought a Mach and it has a Steeda Tri-Ax and its garbage. Just got my MGW in for the Mach. MGW is the best, hands down. Dont even bother with another shifter.

sd04cobra

Established Member
Just installed the MGW a few weeks ago and was very pleased overall. Much better than the stock shifter; shorter shifts and a more solid feeling when putting it in gear. However, I also feel that the shifts for a "short throw shifter" are a little long (test drove another cobra with reaaaaaaaally short shifts, don't know what it was though) and it also seems to be shorter than the stock shifter. Overall, I would recommend it, but I have never driven any other one so the comparison is biased. GL, most shifters are likely better then the stock one!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Very happy with the MGW product as well, amazing quality that's no doubt better than any Hurst product and probably most of the competitors. I drove my buddy's Term with a Hurst and it has a very nice, smooth feel but the throws are every bit as long as the stocker if not longer. Totally different feel than the MGW, try them both if you can. Personally I didn't have any issue with the stock shifter other than it's way too far away.

The MGW with a CobraBob gasket is a tiny bit noiser than stock and it gets the handle a bit closer. Personally I'd like it another 1/2"-1" closer but maybe that's just me. It has an extremely precise feel and I wouldn't want any shorter of a throw due to the already high amount of force it takes to shift the Cobra under WOT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread