Which short throw shifter?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought a 03 as well! Mine came with a steeda triax. I like it. I did install a MGW in my old 92 coupe a couple years ago that was nice as well. I would say either of those two. Most will probably say MGW.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Look up in the right hand corner of the page. there is a word there spelled S E A R C H

click on that do a search for SHIFTER, if you don't want to search the whole site click on A D V A N C E D that will give you the option to limit your search to the terminator section. proceed to read the 1,342,632 responses to the 3,423 threads asking this EXACT same freaking question.

and before you go off and embarass youself further you should do that BEFORE you post questions that have been asked and answered more than 50 times, which would include every question you are likely to come up with about these cars.

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I used to have a Tri-Ax, it was good for what it was and going from stock its 1000Xs better, but I sold the Tri-Ax and got a MGW...by far IMO its the best short throw I've ever had!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Since he'll probably ask anyways, (and my own curiousity) at what point does the stock shifter become "inadequate"?

depending on how you drive, from the day you buy your car.

in reality the stock shifter in the terminators are MUCH better than the previous cobras but it is still inadequate for hard, fast shifting. that is what a short throw is all about, being able to bang through the gears without the slop that is built into the stock setup.

the average driver does not need a short throw.

ljsnead79

Established Member
I just took out a Steeda shifter that only has about 2,000 miles usage out of it that I will sell for $100.00 shipped if you are interested. I put an MGW in mine because that's what I had in my GT and I just got this 04 Cobra.

TRBO VNM

Look up in the right hand corner of the page. there is a word there spelled S E A R C H

click on that do a search for SHIFTER, if you don't want to search the whole site click on A D V A N C E D that will give you the option to limit your search to the terminator section. proceed to read the 1,342,632 responses to the 3,423 threads asking this EXACT same freaking question.

and before you go off and embarass youself further you should do that BEFORE you post questions that have been asked and answered more than 50 times, which would include every question you are likely to come up with about these cars.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :beer:

oh yeah, REMOVE the stops. don't bother posting up to confirm, just remove them and be done with it.

there has not been some revolutionary design change in the basic mods for these cars. the same info from years ago still apply today.

Search and read, you will learn.

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
Since he'll probably ask anyways, (and my own curiousity) at what point does the stock shifter become "inadequate"?

He didn't ask but you did....When you try a spirited shift into 3rd and OEM sometimes doesn't want to go in.

Think its time for another "what's the best shifter poll" ok, not really. Sorry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread