Which short throw...

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
Is there a MGW red? I asked a member on here what shifter he had and he told me MGW red. Is this a product or do you think he meant "orange"?

there was a red or blue option, then mgw just switched to orange. best of both worlds they said. silver handle is by request, shortest one they offer

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly everyone on these boards is a MGW fanboi but I can give you the truth since I have had all shifters in my cobra at one point.

I bought the car with a Pro5.0... I liked it a lot but the handle on it sucks and I was punching the dash and changing CD's on throws to 3rd. I got a ble MGWhandle for it and liked it a lot.
I then got bored and decided to jump on the band wagon and got a MGW Orange handle. It's a great shifter but I really couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the Pro5.0 with the MGW handle. I took a little while to break it too.
I got bored again and wanted to change out the handle on the MGW but the design they have makes it impossible to put another handle on there so I got a Tri-ax so I could get a different handle. I like the Tri-ax too, it's a little smoother for city driving but doesnt seem as strong as the others when it comes to racing. I do like how the Handle is tilted towards me as I drive though...

Moral, you can't go wrong with any and it's all about the handle and position. I may swap the MGW back in one of these days when I get bored but you really can't go wrong with any

Great info! The MGW is one heck of a shifter but a lot of people do love their Pro 5.0s or TriAxes. It's nice to have choice for the reasons you pointed out in your comments. Honestly if I still had my Cobra I probably would have swapped the TriAx for an MGW. I liked the TriAx, but I wasn't in love with it.

Users who are viewing this thread