Which short throw...

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Honestly everyone on these boards is a MGW fanboi but I can give you the truth since I have had all shifters in my cobra at one point.

I bought the car with a Pro5.0... I liked it a lot but the handle on it sucks and I was punching the dash and changing CD's on throws to 3rd. I got a ble MGWhandle for it and liked it a lot.
I then got bored and decided to jump on the band wagon and got a MGW Orange handle. It's a great shifter but I really couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the Pro5.0 with the MGW handle. I took a little while to break it too.
I got bored again and wanted to change out the handle on the MGW but the design they have makes it impossible to put another handle on there so I got a Tri-ax so I could get a different handle. I like the Tri-ax too, it's a little smoother for city driving but doesnt seem as strong as the others when it comes to racing. I do like how the Handle is tilted towards me as I drive though...

Moral, you can't go wrong with any and it's all about the handle and position. I may swap the MGW back in one of these days when I get bored but you really can't go wrong with any

MikeSop

Established Member
I think I can speak for 99% of the people on here when I say: MGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I thought the search feature was fixed :shrug:

This question is like asking which exhaust sounds better. A total waste of bandwidth, esp. since it has been asked and answered about a hundred times over the last few months.

I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone else that asks this question - find your local mustang club. They will likely have a few of just about every shifter out there. Ask them to allow you to sit in their car and run through the gears and pick the one that feels the best to you. It really doesn't matter if it is in a GT, Cobra, or 6 banger the shifters will feel close enough to the same that you will be able to make a decision that is good for you.

GA Terminator

Established Member
I have driven some other Cobra's with shifters other than an MGW, and for me the MGW is the best I have seen and driven.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I've had the Tri-ax, Pro 5.0, and MGW. The MGW was the smoothest of them all, the Tri-ax was very notchy. The Pro 5.0 wasn't bad but I didn't like the shifter position. The MGW has the best shifter position of them all.

Jroc

Established Member
I prefer both the Pro 5.0 and Tri-Ax to the MGW. If I upgrade my shifter again it will be a Pro 5.0 with a Tri-Ax handle.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
I have ran Steeda, 5.0 and MGW in my Cobra's and GT..

All I can say is MGW is the best shifter on the market.. also dont forget Cobra Bobs gasket!

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I run a MGW in my cobra and my Z. I am a MGW "fanboy" because their product and customer service is unmatched.

Deftones

Established Member
Pro 5.0 with MGW Limited Blue Handle. I love the Pro 5.0. I drove my friends with a MGW Limited with Orange Handle and didnt really like it. He drove my Cobra with the Pro 5.0 set and he sold his MGW Limited and got a Pro 5.0.

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
Is there a MGW red? I asked a member on here what shifter he had and he told me MGW red. Is this a product or do you think he meant "orange"?

Users who are viewing this thread