Which Tires and wheels?

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I just got back from the drags and I am running well over 2 seconds on my 60 ft times. I need more traction so I am going with a slick but I am not sure what type or size to get. I need to know if a 15" rim will fit on the rear or if I need to get 16" wheels. What is the biggest difference betweem M/T Streets and M/T Drags and if I should get a 26" or 28", 10.5 or 11.5? What are you all running on your Cobras? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
David

wicked03snake

Established Member
sweet lookin ride man. i think you should get some cheap 15 inch wheels somewhere, like 6 cylinder wheels off of ebay or somewhere and get some 26x10.50 et streets. i say streets cuz u can run whenever you want. here at bristol we have thursday night street fights, so et drags are not permitted, also i run in fun fords true street class when it comes near and slicks are a no no there too. the streets are essentially a true slick with just a few tiny grooves in them. theyre full wrinkle walls and are sticky to the touch even when theyre just sittin there(not heated at all)

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
thanks for the compliment, I didn't think anyone was going to answer. I did go with E.T. Streets with some cheap wheels from summit. I love them so far. Thanks for the advise any way though. I got the streets because I can change tires before I go to the strip. I don't live too far away from them

Rwick7

Established Member
I don't think a 15" wheel will fit with Cobra brakes...I had problems with certain 16" wheels...I do know the Weld XP series 16" will fit. Good Luck

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I would go with a set of 26x10.5x16 ET Streets or Drags. With your gear it should work out pretty good.

Im runnin 275/50/17 BFG's on my car, drop em down to 15psi, and heat the hell outa the tires, and ive 60ft'd a best of 1.64

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
I don't think a 15" wheel will fit with Cobra brakes...I had problems with certain 16" wheels...I do know the Weld XP series 16" will fit. Good Luck

Is that what's on your car in your sig?

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Im not goin to comment on this thread because he already bought what he was asking so it is pointless anyway. hehe

Just make sure you tell us what times your running on 60' now.

damn lethalchem, you have had 6 foxes!! Im soooo jealous. LOL

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
they still aren't great times with the e.t. streets. usually low 1.9's. 1.91 is my best so far. I have lowered the psi all of the way down to 10. The track was prep'd but not that well. I was launching at about 3500-4000 and I was hitting the nitrous soon after I dumped the clutch. I am at 4000 feet and the temp was over 100 degrees so maybe that may have something to do with it also.

Users who are viewing this thread