Which Transmission Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divided

Established Member
So SuaveFlooder (Brian) and I are swapping my TOB this week and installing the LDC freeplay mod. While we are down there I also want to flush and refill my tranny fluid. Last time I used Valvoline ATF, but want to try something different. Any recommendations on what to use? Also I think it was ~4 quarts last time, but can someone confirm how much I need? Thanks.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Ive been reading about it and it seems good. Which specific one do I need? Im not sure of the specs or anything with tranny fluid.

i cant remember off the top of my head and im at work away from my car to check....do you have the owners mannuel? BTW i run royal purple for all fluids and it works great

divided

Established Member
good luck with your fix:thumbsup:

Thanks. Ive been eating TOB's over the last 2 years. Im hoping this finally resolves my issues (The ldc mod and proper firewall adjustment).

Its great to have a fellow SVT'er help someone in need. I dont have the skills to do the swap myself and ive had to pay FORD 600+ a pop to swap the TOB. If it werent for Suaves help, I might of had to sell the car.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Thanks. Ive been eating TOB's over the last 2 years. Im hoping this finally resolves my issues (The ldc mod and proper firewall adjustment).

Its great to have a fellow SVT'er help someone in need. I dont have the skills to do the swap myself and ive had to pay FORD 600+ a pop to swap the TOB. If it werent for Suaves help, I might of had to sell the car.

yes a fellow svt member that is there to help is always a plus:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always used the OEM fluid. Royal Purple is excellent, too. Everybody has their personal favorite fluid.

mitrls10

"Torqued Motorsports"
Established Member
Calls for dex III which is gm auto tranny fluid lol.. Our work has a contrack with kendall so I use that but, I know a guy that is strickly a oil and hydraulic fluid tester and he says royal purple is the overall best to use..

Jefe

Established Member
Well...I may have to employ Brian If I ever make it out there with my Cobra.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Transmission is the only part on my cobra that uses the OEM fluid. It works well, so why change it.

-Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread