Which truck would you choose?

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
If fuel mileage is not a concern, then a V-10 is oblviously the way to go for a gasser. I dont think there is anyone who doesnt care what mileage their daily driver gets. I couldnt handle 10mpg, but thats just me.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
All the bugs were worked out of the 6.0 back in 2002 and 2003 so don't fret the 2006's. 2005's were identical as the 2006's JFYI

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Ford 6.4 getting 11-17 driving like a normal human, horrid if you ask me. Chev 6.0 gasser FTW

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Keep current truck and lift it. Is the lift for looks or are you going in like mud and stuff with it ??

MonkeysL

Established Member
if your going with a gas engine, look at the 6.8 liter V10 in the Ford.. 362 hp and 457 ft lbs torque (the Chevy 6 liter has 367 hp and 375 ft lbs torque) in a pickup torque rules..

ford v10 possibly the worse engine they have. why would you pick getting a little more torque at the expensive of HALF the gas mileage. the V8 6 liter will pull anything the v10 will

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
^^ Im tending to agree with that. Especially with the 6 speed auto. Thats a really nice tranny. Unless your pulling a LOT of weight (10,000+) every day, then Id go with a diesel.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Right now its just for looks but im going to be pulling a 30ft rv in the next year or so. The f150 can pull it but its a dog up hills and getting on the freeway. If i get a 1 ton its going to be a diesel no doubt about it. My buddy has a 2007 classic silverado 2500 4x4 with the 6.6 duramax and some other goodies that he will be selling in may but the only thing is, it has the long 8 ft bed on it. It would look good lifted but i dont know if that would be too long. My dad has an 06 with the 6.0l psd and i really like it.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
ford v10 possibly the worse engine they have. why would you pick getting a little more torque at the expensive of HALF the gas mileage. the V8 6 liter will pull anything the v10 will

Just from experience towing with both new engines of GM's gas 6.0L and Fords gas 6.8 V10, the V10 is head and shoulders above the 6.0L. 7000 at 75 is not possible unless at 4500 rpms w/ the 6L, were as the V10 can yank it in over drive.

Empty the 6.0 has the V10 in gas mileage w/ the cyl deactivation, but it will only work at 50 to 60 mph. Over that it pulls w/ all 8 cyl. So in actuality they both got 10 town 13 to 14 highway.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
I agree the V10 is a decent motor but theres nothing like a diesel. I just like the idea of being able to tune a diesel and get nice amounts of power out of it.

supachargd2k5

Established Member

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
This is the '04 I picked up. Im thinkin a 2" leveling up front and 35s on it should look hot.

New_Ram_006.jpg

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Why do you not list a 2500 Ram w/ Cummins power? Im on my 2nd one LOVE them!
My first was an '06 2500 Laramie QC 4x4 long bed, and I just bought an '04 2500 Laramie QC 4x4 short bed. Dont overlook these as being VERY good and reliable trucks.:thumbsup:

I work at Dodge.. and will never recommend these trucks to anybody. The quality of this truck is so cheap.. you are not getting what you paid for ... the Fords will push over 250000 easy with reg maint.. the dodges struggle after about 175000. And I promise you that you will be replacing an injector pump/transfer pump or injectors shortly after 100000 in a Dodge

hold out one more year, the powerstroke is getting a new set of turbochargers from garrett that increase power and fuel efficiency.

All the bugs were worked out of the 6.0 back in 2002 and 2003 so don't fret the 2006's. 2005's were identical as the 2006's JFYI

I would definetley not buy a 6.4L Ford or 6.7L Cummings at this time.. The new 2010 federal emission requirements that Ford and Chrysler are trying to meet are causing some major problems. I am a service writer for the Deisel trucks at my Dodge Dealership and I promise you If you bought from us right now.. I would see you atleast once a week with a Check Eng Light, System Catalyst Full, Jake Brake Inoperable, Turbo damaged due to Soot buildup or Egr valve damaged to Soot build up, or ECM Update. These trucks have EGR Valves o2 sensors and modules and Diesel Particulate Filters (supposed to burn off the soot buildup on a regenerative cycle) and the Software is having major issues. Ford and Chrysler are replacing TUrbos left and right.. I would wait a few years to let them work the kinks out

Ford 6.4 getting 11-17 driving like a normal
human, horrid if you ask me. Chev 6.0 gasser FTW

the Dodges have no better MPG these trucks arent even EPA rated

Last edited:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Until you said the Dodge (Cummins) cant get better MPG than 11-17, I was letting it be your opinion. Now your just giving WRONG information. In town, I mean Downtown Orlando's continual stop and go, my trucks get 14 and highway between 17-19. Thats @ 80mph, not poking along at 65 either.

So you can try to bash Dodge, but dont give incorrect info on them. :nono:

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Yeah im a little skeptical in buying a new diesel with the fact that things may change in 2010 and i dont think all the kinks are worked out. I think for the time being im going to keep my truck and lift it and wait and see how the new diesels do after the next year or so. Thanks for everyones input and information.

Users who are viewing this thread