Whine post

stang99

I just thought that there should be a whinning forum. Then us fools who thought that we were all that could whine about the results that proved us wrong again. Those who do not like whinning could avoid that forum.
Myself, I find that some whinning and a few drinks usually settles me down some after being disappointed by my car. Of course, everything is relative, and I drove out of LACR tonight in one of the fastest cars that ran there that actually was driven to the strip. But, one always hopes for so much more.
Tuesday, we drop the tranny out again for the third time in two weeks in search of the reason for the chattering and the squealing TOB. Hopefully, Spec sent me a defective TOB and the spare that I had the foresight to order, will be the remedy to my problems.
LACR was hot; dusty. slippery. and features a stout headwind this evening. And, surprisingly, it got very crowded by 7PM. It pays to run stickies but I left the F1's one on my car because I did not wish to blow my tranny right there in the burnout box. 2.2-2.3 sec 60' times were the result with obvious lousy ET's.
There, my whine is finished. That was not too bad a whine because I still want to get my Cobra squared away since it it the most fun car to drive that I have ever owned. Even broken, it still gets a lot of respect at the strip, especially since it was the only 03 out there. I annihilated a new Crapero that said 310 hp on its fenders with one of those Corvette kind of emblems. No problem with that.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Tetge,

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

You should leave those F1's at home. Your going to need to heat your Nittos up if your going to achieve your 12.49 goal. Especially if you want to do it on Fri night.

stang99

With pieces of my TOB and clutch about to come through my bell housing, I thought that it would be prudent to take my three runs on street tires. In retrospect I should have put the Nittos on and beat the car a little harder but I was trying to see if my trap speed would improve with a smaller pulley, which it did.
And, yes, some cheese would be good with my whine.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Things that make me whine:
1.Burger flipper at register..."and you get the senior discount...correct sir?"
2." Sorry I've got a headache tonight"....me talking.
3.Hurts to put on my shoes in the morning.
4. More hair on my ears than my head (well, that's no a stretch).
5. Must take two Advil just to go to the gym.
6.Workout partner reccomends Metamucil.
7. I don't laugh when I hear a Depends commercial
8. I travel out of town and all the guys go for a lap dance and I go upstairs and take a nap.
9. I think I've now heard every joke ever told.
10. I'm shocked to hear Bob Hope died.

Thing that makes me stop whining:
1. My Terminator

stang99

Hey! No fair making me laugh when I am all depressed and feeling sorry for myself. I started this thread to whine, not to cheer up. :nonono: :beer:

Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
Things that make me whine:
1.Burger flipper at register..."and you get the senior discount...correct sir?"
2." Sorry I've got a headache tonight"....me talking.
3.Hurts to put on my shoes in the morning.
4. More hair on my ears than my head (well, that's no a stretch).
5. Must take two Advil just to go to the gym.
6.Workout partner reccomends Metamucil.
7. I don't laugh when I hear a Depends commercial
8. I travel out of town and all the guys go for a lap dance and I go upstairs and take a nap.
9. I think I've now heard every joke ever told.
10. I'm shocked to hear Bob Hope died.

Thing that makes me stop whining:
1. My Terminator

stang99

Can't a guy wallow in self pity on this board without people making him grin? That's it, it is time to drink and get really sorry for myself. I have to drink at home this weekend since I do not want to drive my car until we figure out the clutch. Yah, that's it. The depression at not being able to go out for a spin in the Cobra is kicking in again. The smiles are gone.

Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Too late Tetge. I saw that smile. :D :thumbsup:

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Can't a guy wallow in self pity on this board without people making him grin? That's it, it is time to drink and get really sorry for myself. I have to drink at home this weekend since I do not want to drive my car until we figure out the clutch. Yah, that's it. The depression at not being able to go out for a spin in the Cobra is kicking in again. The smiles are gone.

cant a guy who wants to wallow in self pity not wallow around us to feel bad for and try to cheer up.

Planning on going up in a week or to, hope your probs are squared up by then

stang99

Why yes, young Walker, drinking to excess is certainly held to be bad. I certainly have never had a drink before I went to the strip or, for that matter, work. But there are special occassions, such as snake bite, where a drink or two can't hurt anything.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
why yes old wise one, you do have a point, but you forgot one important part, make sure you're old enough.

and to contribute to the "whine", i'm so sore from cross-country practice, my legs are killing me and i'm a course worker at the D1GP tomorrow...i'm so screwed

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
why yes old wise one, you do have a point, but you forgot one important part, make sure you're old enough.

and to contribute to the "whine", i'm so sore from cross-country practice, my legs are killing me and i'm a course worker at the D1GP tomorrow...i'm so screwed

Werent you the one I ran into at that one party hitting 2 beerbongs at once

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
hmmm, considering i don't go to parties and don't drink...maybe it was david, cause i'm half-asian, and since you were in the same room as a beer bong...you vision might have been distorted a lil bit...crap, i gotta be up in 4 and a half hrs...dammit!:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread