Whipple 17# pulley, only getting 15.8 per the AeroForce Interceptor

MY DREAM

Established Member
As the title says. I have a 17 pound pulley on the Whipple and my AeroForce Interceptor guage is showing a max boost of only 15.8. I do live at 2000 ft, the temp was about 60 degrees out and I was doing an all out 3rd and 4th gear pull. Any thoughts on why I am down 1.2 pounds, or is this to be expected?

James

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken... The Aeroforce gauge only reads 15lbs max on boost! Check the manual, I remember reading that on mine.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ahhhhh, Thanks guys. So nothing wrong, just the way it is.

James

Well no it's not the way it is lol. Go on there site and buy the 3 bar sensor and hook that bad boy up to your gauge!

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
Sort of the same topic, to run an electric boost gauge you would have to piggy back a 3 bar map on your stock one? Anyone have any information on this, I've searched and there's info, but none that's in depth enough.

cobracide

Established Member
Sort of the same topic, to run an electric boost gauge you would have to piggy back a 3 bar map on your stock one? Anyone have any information on this, I've searched and there's info, but none that's in depth enough.

T off the boost hose for the boost gauge in the cluster that runs behind the glove box. Attach the sensor there and run the power inputs and sensor outputs back to the analog inputs/gauge and fuse box. Leave the stock sensor alone. That's how I installed the 3.5-bar for the Aeroforce. Use 14 slope and -14 as the intercept. For best accuracy, adjust the intercept so that key on, engine off - it reads ZERO.

Last edited:

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
That seems simple enough, especially since the 3.5 bar runs off of 12v. Not sure I'm going the aeroforce route, as I like the needle type gauges. Prosports are quite nice.

Thanks cobracide!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread