whipple 2.3 now what cluch mods to do?

kratos2250

Established Member
I have everything completely stock on my drivetrain except a irs brace. Will my stock clutch hold up around 600rwhp? If not I was planning on getting a spec 3+ and a 26 spling input shaft, along with a new tob sleeve. Any ideas?

mach1033

Established Member
I have everything completely stock on my drivetrain except a irs brace. Will my stock clutch hold up around 600rwhp? If not I was planning on getting a spec 3+ and a 26 spling input shaft, along with a new tob sleeve. Any ideas?

I will assume that you plan on using that power. With that being said your stock clutch will get smoked as soon as you race it. I had the stock clutch with the 2.3 pullied for 17. Clutch lasted not even 2 months. I went with the spec 3+ with 26 spline and it is a great clutch. Soft pedal feel that won't hurt the leg.

Blueline

Established Member
Another vote for Spec 3+ and 26 spline input shaft while your in there. New Sleeve and TOB go without saying.

kratos2250

Established Member
I will assume that you plan on using that power. With that being said your stock clutch will get smoked as soon as you race it. I had the stock clutch with the 2.3 pullied for 17. Clutch lasted not even 2 months. I went with the spec 3+ with 26 spline and it is a great clutch. Soft pedal feel that won't hurt the leg.

Another vote for Spec 3+ and 26 spline input shaft while your in there. New Sleeve and TOB go without saying.

Awesome so i'm gonna get the 26 spline clutch and input shaft along with the tob sleeve.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Like the Spec 3+ here too. The pedal feel is heavier then stock, but not too heavy. It is holding over 700 RWHP and has better street manners then the CF dual friction it replaced. The lighter feel of the twin disk was not worth the extra bucks to me.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Another vote for the Spec 3+..... Do yourself a favor, and replace the flywheel with a billet steel FW. You wont EVER have chatter!!

gabe1530

Banned
its going to take time and money so save your pennies. im saving for a RXT myself as my stock clutch is toasted with my 2.9.
do it once and do it right, you will thank yourself in the long run.

also on the flywheel selection it depends on what your going to do with your cobra.
drag racing it = lightened steel flywheel.
pure street = aluminum flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread