Whipple 2.9, E85, 9:7:1 CR Built Motor

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
My Whipple 2.9, E85, 9:7:1 CR Built Motor

I got my 2.9 last friday and installed it the same day. I will be pushing around 25lbs on E85. Along with my built motor with a little higher compression. I made close to 700rwhp with a gen 1 2.3@19psi but i wanted more. Im waiting on a 2.75 pulley and new belt and its off to the dyno, im hoping to make close to 800. Anyways here is how she looks

Picture067-1.gif

Picture066-1.gif

Picture068-1.gif

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
sweet. How readily available is E85 out there? I love all the fast cars i see out there, but man i would hate the humidity and heat you fellas get.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
sweet. How readily available is E85 out there? I love all the fast cars i see out there, but man i would hate the humidity and heat you fellas get.

I got a BP station with E85 5 miles from my house and another one is opening up in a few months 1 mile down the street. There are a few more within a 15 mile radious. And yea we get pretty hot summers, but my car isnt my DD so im not too worried about that, im sure the heat is gonna affect me when i put it on the dyno, but when the cold weather gets here it should be better

gabe1530

Banned
thats going sick when its done. i bet youll be around 750+.
damn your hooked up with e85. must be nice to have that many stations so close.

mach1033

Established Member
Yes can you tell us a little more about your built motor? Also with a 2.75 pulley you might be hitting 27lbs of boost. Your gonna have a nasty ride thats for sure.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
your gonna hit way more than that with your set up. I assume that your gonna get a snubber when you get a smaller pulley?

yea i got the snub idler, it just didnt fit with the belt i had laying around and i just wanted to get it running. When i get the new pulley and belt ill put the snub back in

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Yes can you tell us a little more about your built motor? Also with a 2.75 pulley you might be hitting 27lbs of boost. Your gonna have a nasty ride thats for sure.

bored stock iron block .020 over, cp pisttons -9cc, stock polished crank, clevite bearings, ferrea valves, stock heads and cams, ARP2000 bolts everything. Thats it off the top of my head

Blackedout

Established Member
Damn that thing is going to SCREAM... :thumbsup: What have you done with the fuel system ??

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Who's going to tune it?

Ken Bjonnes. Maybe you heard of him, he used to work at Modular Powerhouse or something like that. Now he's tunning on on Jake's dyno @ Power By The Hour down here, and tunes with Jon Lund also. Alot of the locals have tuned their cars with him and they are very happy, Lethal's gt 500 was also tuned by him

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ken Bjonnes. Maybe you heard of him, he used to work at Modular Powerhouse or something like that. Now he's tunning on on Jake's dyno @ Power By The Hour down here, and tunes with Jon Lund also. Alot of the locals have tuned their cars with him and they are very happy, Lethal's gt 500 was also tuned by him
Ok. Cool. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread