Whipple 2.9/IRS/6 Speed/Stock block. First day at the track!

Sharksfan81

Established Member
FINALLY GOT TO THE TRACK!
Stock long block is still holding together. I think I have the best tuner in the country and the best installer as well. Can't thank Drew and Shaun at AED enough. Upgraded from the 2.3 Whipple to the 2.9 with the crusher inlet. Here was my best pass on the first day out... Still time left in the 60ft for sure. I was very happy though. I run everything. A/C, back seat, all my interior is in. I did swap the stock seats out to some nice Corbeau seats to save a little weight.

60ft- 1.54
1/8- [email protected]
1/4- [email protected]

Also made a 10.1@140mph that felt great.

I could not be happier with this setup. I drove 150 miles to the track in the car. Got 14mpg on E85, paying a dollar less then premium is awesome. My thanks to AED. Could not have asked for more....Although I look forward to my first 9.9 pass!

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
awesome awesome! I keep telling everyone that the 2.9 whipple is a bad ass blower and competes right along the 3.4 whipple

black-plasma

Established Member
Nice pass, I'll have the same setup once my tune is done. What was your best pass on the 2.3?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Great meeting you out there man!! Your car is hauling ass!!

Cory: He's making 800rwhp STD, at like 23psi iirc..

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
My car sucks lol... I guess i need to grow a pair and crank my car up....interested on where he is shifting at too

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea that I couldn't tell ya :) But his car is flying that's for sure.. I'm sure he'll chime in and answer your questions :)

FIFTY

Established Member
congrats on your 10.0 pass, it was also nice shooting the shit with you, 9's to come!

Sharksfan81

Established Member
Best pass on the 2.3 was 11.3 @ 124? I can't remember.

Boost is actually at 24lbs and maybe 25lbs right at the top.

I shift when it feels right. I learned that 13 years ago from some guy driving a chrome yellow gt. Shift light is set at 6600 I think but I drive through that some. If she is still pulling hard I let her keep going. :) Drew and Shaun say I bounce it off the rev limiter but I don't know what they are talking about. haha

Great seeing everyone out there. Everyone is always great to me at the track. (except for people whose steering wheel come off and they almost hit me!) I love my car and I love that other people can appreciate it for what it is. I drive it way more then I should, I don't take good enough care of it, just ask Drew. I smash on it. I break shit. It's always dirty. But I just like driving it hard. I know when something breaks on my car... It sure as hell wasn't Ford, AED, or the previous owners fault. ALL ME! God I can't handle it when people can't take responsibility for breaking their own shit.

Any other questions?
Nice meeting everyone!
Hope to be out soon and get that 9 second slip!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
great time, congrats :beer: i always hear good things about aed

plus what is esp impressive to me is driving 150 miles to the track, no trailer queen there. what tire are you on? and what size tire with what gears?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You did a great job bud. The car has become a beast. Gotta be nice to have a car that can hit 9s that you can drive to a from the track.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Ya I have a K member and tubular a arms.. But I am around 3800 with my 195lbs in the drivers seat and fuel in the tank. I need to weight her again and see what the exact number is.

3800 with front suspension?!?? You have a boat anchor in the trunk? lol my car stock suspension with IRS, 14inch big brakes and 18 AFS up front weighed 3830. Only removed the spare tire and jack.
Regardless that's rolling on a IRS!
Congrats!

Last edited:

Sharksfan81

Established Member
3800 with front suspension?!?? You have a boat anchor in the trunk? lol my car stock suspension with IRS, 14inch big brakes and 18 AFS up front weighed 3830. Only removed the spare tire and jack.
Regardless that's rolling on a IRS!
Congrats!
3570 with no fuel, no me... I am 195, fuel has to be 50. As I type this I realized I changed rims and tires since I weighed her! DAMMIT! Okay so lets take 100lbs off and call it 3700. But I will get on a scale soon and get an exact amount with the new rims.

Users who are viewing this thread