Whipple 2.9/IRS/6 Speed/Stock block. First day at the track!

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Congrats, we have the same goal of 9's on full weight/IRS/6spd, only you are quite a bit closer HAHA.

Nice setup also OP, very similar to mine minus the non-crusher inlet!

Last edited:

Sharksfan81

Established Member
Congrats, we have the same goal of 9's on full weight/IRS/6spd, only you are quite a bit closer HAHA.

Nice setup also OP, very similar to mine minus the non-crusher inlet!

NICE! You still on the stock block too? I love Ford. When they put this thing together 12 years ago, I doubt any of them thought it could do this. It's a nice day so I am going to drive her all day today running errands and going to work. :-D

JustaGT5408

Established Member
NICE! You still on the stock block too? I love Ford. When they put this thing together 12 years ago, I doubt any of them thought it could do this. It's a nice day so I am going to drive her all day today running errands and going to work. :-D

I'm running an aluminator motor with all ARP hardware and whatnot.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Strong runner, and good driving. Very few people actually do what your doing. Hats off! Go get some 9's once it cools off some.!

Sharksfan81

Established Member
Strong runner, and good driving. Very few people actually do what your doing. Hats off! Go get some 9's once it cools off some.!

Ya can't wait for the cooler weather and to dial in my rear suspension and get some 60ft and 330ft times.... That is where it is ALL at in my car.

FastyJohn03

Established Member
3800 with front suspension?!?? You have a boat anchor in the trunk? lol my car stock suspension with IRS, 14inch big brakes and 18 AFS up front weighed 3830. Only removed the spare tire and jack.
Regardless that's rolling on a IRS!
Congrats!

3570 with no fuel, no me... I am 195, fuel has to be 50. As I type this I realized I changed rims and tires since I weighed her! DAMMIT! Okay so lets take 100lbs off and call it 3700. But I will get on a scale soon and get an exact amount with the new rims.

I weight mine couple weeks ago and weight 3440 with stock suspension (H&R SS) 18's rear seat delete and no spare only.. and 3596 with me in it and lil bit less then half tank but have Lt's n stuff might not be accurate?

TurboGA

Established Member
Very nice.. Good setup. My 04 cobra with stock long block and a 2.3 whipple on 93 octane went 10.80 at 134. Ran it for a couple of years until it develop a very bad rear main oil leak. Just rebuild it with all arp internals and slap a new set of pistons. hopefully go a little faster. My next upgrade will be a 2.9 Whipple with crusher setup.;-)

Sharksfan81

Established Member
I weight mine couple weeks ago and weight 3440 with stock suspension (H&R SS) 18's rear seat delete and no spare only.. and 3596 with me in it and lil bit less then half tank but have Lt's n stuff might not be accurate?

I just weighted it at the scales at the track last time and I am 3750 with fuel and me! Keep in mind I have a 6pt rollbar that adds weight. and also have my amps and full sound system. I took the spare tire out lol. But with me and fuel race weight is 3750, I would assume it creeps down to 3720 when I am low on fuel but I don't make passes under 1/2 tank ever.

I am going to Grudge night at Sacramento Speedway this Saturday night! Last one of the Season. Very excited to hopefully get some clean passes. Last 3 trips to the track have yielded nothing but bad driving and 95 degree weather. Saturday is suppose to only be 90 degrees out. Maybe is can get down in the low 80s for me before the night is done! Also my drop dead gorgeous finacee might be going to the the track for the first time.

gabe1530

Banned
I just weighted it at the scales at the track last time and I am 3750 with fuel and me! Keep in mind I have a 6pt rollbar that adds weight. and also have my amps and full sound system. I took the spare tire out lol. But with me and fuel race weight is 3750, I would assume it creeps down to 3720 when I am low on fuel but I don't make passes under 1/2 tank ever.

I am going to Grudge night at Sacramento Speedway this Saturday night! Last one of the Season. Very excited to hopefully get some clean passes. Last 3 trips to the track have yielded nothing but bad driving and 95 degree weather. Saturday is suppose to only be 90 degrees out. Maybe is can get down in the low 80s for me before the night is done! Also my drop dead gorgeous finacee might be going to the the track for the first time.

damn, i was hoping to make it to this grudge night but i cant :(
is your irs stock or do you have ftbr bushings?
goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread