Whipple 2.9L vs TVS 2.3L

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Hey guys,

I have been thinking about adding a couple hundred HP to my 15 with a P.D. blower this coming summer.

Looking for a fun street car, full weight that could go mid 10s on Pump gas with all the creature comforts and still be a great and reliable cruiser.

How does the whipple supercharger compare to the TVS (same boost level) on these new GTs @ 8-11lbs of boost?

At what boost level does the TVS max on our cars?

Thank you.:coolman:

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Oohh and some room to grow in the future would be nice as well like, another 100RWHP on top of the 10-11psi... because as we all know... it never stops.. :)

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Tbh I'd go with a centrifugal blower. Vortech V-7 when it comes out for our cars put down a little over 900 to the rear wheels.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The TVS, particularly the VMP GEN II, will make more torque...and hit much harder...than a small twin screw. Plus, it's the same bolt on assembly that Ford uses. Look at it this way, they used a TVS on their 13-14 halo car. Chevy does on theirs. Caddy does on theres. No OEM uses a twin screw. Why? Driveability, bang for the buck, dependability.

Call me if you'd like to discuss. We have a kit on our 15 GT.

bj

cmb570

Established Member
The TVS, particularly the VMP GEN II, will make more torque...and hit much harder...than a small twin screw. Plus, it's the same bolt on assembly that Ford uses. Look at it this way, they used a TVS on their 13-14 halo car. Chevy does on theirs. Caddy does on theres. No OEM uses a twin screw. Why? Driveability, bang for the buck, dependability.

bj

Do you have dyno graph of this ? Im very curious

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

bj

Id go with TVS but there are indeed OEM's that use twin screws.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I am waiting to make my decision on which to go with. I want to see what whipple makes power wise with this new front inlet design. I know lethal just did there kit and it hit the rollers. We shall see!

evo8904

Established Member
I am waiting to make my decision on which to go with. I want to see what whipple makes power wise with this new front inlet design. I know lethal just did there kit and it hit the rollers. We shall see!

There are a few dynos of the whipple SC already. Even Hennessey uses the whipple on their 2015 mustang. Also, go look on mustang6g. The whipple is easier to install than the TVS on the 2015 mustang. There is no grinding or cutting the k brace. It was an easy decision for me...Whipple all day long.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/2015-mustang-gt-hpe700.html

Dcrypter

Established Member

Dcrypter

Established Member
Also I'm very happy with my Roush/FRPP TVS. I'm putting down 550 rwhp and there is definitely still some more left to gain in the tune and the stage 2 and 3 kits whenever Roush releases those.

evo8904

Established Member
That's possibly the worst reason on the internet to use a whipple.

Try reading the post I quoted and then read my post...or maybe you have a issue comprehending. It's simple, the whipple will make more power than the TVS and it doesn't have to spin as fast.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Try reading the post I quoted and then read my post...or maybe you have a issue comprehending. It's simple, the whipple will make more power than the TVS and it doesn't have to spin as fast.
And Hennessey is still the worst reason on the internet to use a Whipple. Nothing changed from your first comment to this one.

I have absolutely no problem with a bigger blower putting out more power, it is science after all.

The Whipple is a good unit that was unfortunately associated with Hennessey, that it is all.

evo8904

Established Member
And Hennessey is still the worst reason on the internet to use a Whipple. Nothing changed from your first comment to this one.

I have absolutely no problem with a bigger blower putting out more power, it is science after all.

The Whipple is a good unit that was unfortunately associated with Hennessey, that it is all.

You still didn't read the post that I quoted. The guy was looking for dyno numbers and Hennessey's made 661rwhp with the whipple. In contrast, look at the 2015 Shelby GT. It only makes 624 hp to the flywheel with the TVS. Thats around 540rwhp for the TVS.

The additional $500 for the whipple is well worth it considering easier install and more power.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
And what do the factory tvs car owners do to make more power???? Change the tvs for a twin screw !!!!

They also pull the motor for upgrades because the twin screws usually make more power than stock motors can handle. It seems like if your keeping your stock engine go with the TVS and enjoy streetable low end grunt and good power. If your going for all out power and a very strong top end go twin screw but unless your pulling your motor the TVS should give you all you need.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
They also pull the motor for upgrades because the twin screws usually make more power than stock motors can handle. It seems like if your keeping your stock engine go with the TVS and enjoy streetable low end grunt and good power. If your going for all out power and a very strong top end go twin screw but unless your pulling your motor the TVS should give you all you need.

Exactly. A TVS 16 psi and under will out perform a TS of the same size and boost level. If cranking the boost higher than 16 the TS is the way to go. Like you stated, that will require much more work to pull off correctly.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We're running the Whipple and couldn't be happier with our decision. The kit itself is a work of art and just like every other Whipple makes a ton of power. Stay tuned for results which will be featured on SVTP shortly.

If you have any other questions regarding the new Whipple please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks,
Jared

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423140408.278644.jpg
https://vimeo.com/118804587

Users who are viewing this thread