Whipple 2.9L vs TVS 2.3L

Deranged2013

Established Member
Okay, let's try this again.

A lot of inflated numbers here on both sides and stick cars.

Both have to be 100% bone stock cars (other than the blower kits installed) with 3:15 gears each or 3:55s each.

1) Two Dyno pulls on Whipple car #1:

-1st pull (8 psi)
-2nd pull(10 psi)
-New whipple 2.9L(Front inlet) on 93 oct.
-Automatic 6spd
-11:1 air/fuel

2) Two Dyno pulls on TVS car #2:

-1st pull (8 psi)
-2nd pull(10 psi)
-New TVS 2.3L on 93 oct.
-Automatic 6spd
-11:1 air/fuel

So, No bigger throttle bodies, ORX pipes, headers, bigger fans, lighter rims, etc...
Same amount of TIMING on both cars and same GAS, please.

That's what I am looking forward to see on comparing these two systems also if they want to increase the boost, fine, as long as everything else is unchanged and timing is the same for both kits ( no crazy timing on race gas or E-85)

Your base black TVS kit vs your base black whipple kit, that's it!!!

I think afterall that's a fair comparison between two expensive but, great kits.

Thank you.

I think both kits are going to be awesome. I would take either but guess it depends on who is having the best deal when I am able to buy one.
With that said, if you really want to see which one is better, It should be settled the old fashion way. Take them to the drag strip! 2 identical A6s, same weight, same tire, same PSI, same boost and fuel. One sporting a TVS and the other a Whipple. Heads up racing! best 3 out of 5. Best out of 5 because of heat soak and would like to see which one runs cooler. Now that would be fun to watch! I think it would be so close that it really wouldn't matter which one but I would take the one that has less heat soak.

Users who are viewing this thread