Whipple 3.4 Track Times

Micah442

Blown 5.1L
Established Member
Had good time out and car ran good this pass but other two the car seemed to be blowing out the spark. PSI Motorsports recently install the all mods and tuned it. Big thanks to all the guys at PSI Motorsports in Webster, Texas. Car runs strong.

60' ----- 1.60
330'---- 4.45
1/8 ---- 6.81
MPH -- 104.92

Click on "Streetfire" for video to play
[ame]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/03-COBRA-ANGLETON-RACEWAY_159846.htm[/ame]

Last edited:

Micah442

Blown 5.1L
Established Member
Thanks guys. Click on "streetfire" on the video and it will open new page and show the video. Thanks, Micah

MikeW

Established Member
WOW Nice run :beer:

Backfire at 15-16 secs into the vid on the left side. I wonder what caused that?

Last edited:

Micah442

Blown 5.1L
Established Member
Yea its blowing the spark out and sometimes ignites late and backfires. I have to re-gap the plugs lower than 30. I am going to 26 gap now. I don't have exact HP number but it made 689hp on 16 degree timing now it has 3 degrees more timing but spun on the dyno. Makes little over 700. 24 psi with 3.5 pulley and stock lower.

MikeW

Established Member
I was thinking you were blowing out... sounds like you are ahead of the game on going to a 26 gap :beer:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
There is a torch red cobra with a whipple 3.4 that was built/tuned by PSI and he is putting down 712 rwhp on race gas.
He ran a 10.3 in the 1/4 mile on nitto DR's!!
NICE CAR!!!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Nice run! It looks like you are turning the tires over a few times on the launch. Slicks or bias ply radials?

Micah442

Blown 5.1L
Established Member
There is a torch red cobra with a whipple 3.4 that was built/tuned by PSI and he is putting down 712 rwhp on race gas.
He ran a 10.3 in the 1/4 mile on nitto DR's!!
NICE CAR!!!

Thats my buddy Blaine. He makes little over 750hp I believe. He has ported heads and GT cams, I don't. Yes his car does move on them DRs. I am running full slicks. That was the first pass and I needed little more heat in them I thought. Clutch went out to and will have it back running shortly. Normally it will not spin if the slicks are heated well.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Thats my buddy Blaine. He makes little over 750hp I believe. He has ported heads and GT cams, I don't. Yes his car does move on them DRs. I am running full slicks. That was the first pass and I needed little more heat in them I thought. Clutch went out to and will have it back running shortly. Normally it will not spin if the slicks are heated well.

AWESOME!!
Im glad i ordered some nitto DR's today! :pepper:

carfax

Established Member
saw your car at psi the other day....i wondered why it said easy 10s on your back plate. lol now i know. car looks good buy the way.

Users who are viewing this thread