whipple bypass valve problems

red gt500

Established Member
hi
i just bought i used 3.4 whipple
am a noob in whipple sc this is my first time installing a whipple in my gt500 am used to kennebell superchargers and there by pass valve roting
but the issue with whipple i cant find a fitting in the by pass to rote the vacuum lines and also there is the fitting next to pcv valve which is spouse to be boost reference for the bypass valve i don't know what to do with it there is nothing in the bypass that i can hook it to so i decided to hook it to fuel pressure vacuum line for boost reference
and also am having p1228 code which is i think it has something to do whit adjusting the BPV

if there any wrong steps i made please correct me
and any help on how to adjust the BPV would be kindly appreciated
thanks..

Nsssane1

Established Member
On my 2.9 you put a cap over the line that was on the intake, the one from the egr you stick a plug in the hose. Nither is used!!

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
You shouldn't have to mess with the bypass valve at all. It has it's own line that connects to it's own port at the back of the blower. It's pretty self contained.

If for some reason that line is missing, then it needs to be connected to a port at the back of the blower. NOT the port the fuel rail pressure sensor runs off of. The FRPS needs to read vacuum and boost (the only port for this is at the front of the lower intake manifold). The BPV only needs vacuum (any port at the back of the blower).

Users who are viewing this thread