Whipple Cobra vs. Intake/Straight Pipe C6 Z06

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Vids didn't come out too well, but I'll throw them up anyways. Except for the third video, all runs were first gear rolls from 30-40 up to 145-150. The third vid was a low second gear roll, but the C6 Z may have been in first. Either way, he loves first gear rolls so I didn't have a problem giving him the runs he wanted even though traction would be an issue.

Race details:

Weather was a cold 47 degrees out. Neither one of us could get traction, as you can see in the first two videos, but we made the best of it. The third run only went up to about 120 before we had to let off. The fourth run both of us spun the least and that was easily our best run.

No excuses, 'ifs' or 'buts', the runs are as is and were friendly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWwTj1ysum4"]YouTube- DSCN1248.AVI[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrFWjZgB1xQ"]YouTube- DSCN1249.AVI[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJGacGUJB0"]YouTube- DSCN1250.AVI[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnxdd7kTwDs"]YouTube- DSCN1252.AVI[/ame]

EDIT: Photobucket vids removed, replaced with YouTube videos.

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Good runs! I could only imagine what your car pulls like now. I remember when you gave me ride when you just had a ported blower and that shit felt like a roller coaster.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn brandon great runs bro!! when are we going to run?? Not like it's going to matter you're probably going to kill me.. I should have new tires very soon though so that good. what's power are you making???

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Good runs! I could only imagine what your car pulls like now. I remember when you gave me ride when you just had a ported blower and that shit felt like a roller coaster.

Thanks bro!

Damn brandon great runs bro!! when are we going to run?? Not like it's going to matter you're probably going to kill me.. I should have new tires very soon though so that good. what's power are you making???

Thanks bro! We can run whenever. I would've called you tonight but this run was a bit unexpected. I've had a leaky diff so I've only driven the car twice since winter started. I tightened up a couple of the bolts so I wanted to take the car out tonight. I'm almost sure it's not going to stop leaking though. Lol.

Anyway, my car on this tune makes 580RWHP/550RWTQ -17lbs of boost. The C6 Z made 465RWHP. I'm still running the same hoosiers from the track a couple of months ago so I'm past due for new tires.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
nice.. I'm running 10 yr old tires that are bald so new ones are coming.. I wouldn't have been able to make it tonight anyways as I'm at work right now lol.. But awesome runs!! do you have a race tune or is that your race tune?? I still cant believe you pulled the z06 like that man.. that is just nuts

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
nice.. I'm running 10 yr old tires that are bald so new ones are coming.. I wouldn't have been able to make it tonight anyways as I'm at work right now lol.. But awesome runs!! do you have a race tune or is that your race tune?? I still cant believe you pulled the z06 like that man.. that is just nuts

What tires you plan on running?

Technically this is one of my race tunes, but this is the tune that I run on the street all the time. It's a 94 Octane tune that I just mix 5 gallons of 100 in with my 91. It only makes 9RWHP/26RWTQ more than my straight 91 pump gas tune.

My 21lb pulley 'race tune' is Uncle Charlie. I make much more power and torque with Uncle Charlie bolted on.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Just some KDW2's.. I can't afford drag radials and street tires lol.. OHH boy your 21lb pulley must make like 630rwhp or more huh?? you can PM me your numbers for your big pulley if you want.. I think a good race for us is going to be you on your straight 91 pump and me on my pump and then me on my race tune 15lbs and you on your 93 tune, and if I win then you on your 21lb pulley where you will absolutley turn me into dust lol.. then my fuel system will go and I'll pulley down to make 20-22lbs of boost and we will have a rematch lol..

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Just some KDW2's.. I can't afford drag radials and street tires lol.. OHH boy your 21lb pulley must make like 630rwhp or more huh?? you can PM me your numbers for your big pulley if you want.. I think a good race for us is going to be you on your straight 91 pump and me on my pump and then me on my race tune 15lbs and you on your 93 tune, and if I win then you on your 21lb pulley where you will absolutley turn me into dust lol..

Those tires will be fine on the open track.. but on the street.. You easily out power those tires. But I feel you, drag radials aren't cheap.

I don't mind telling my numbers, you know I don't have anything to hide. Lol. My 21lb pulley makes 636RWHP/629RWTQ seeing 20 degrees of timing, but the tune commands for 21 degrees. Whenever I run it from now on, it will see 21-23 degrees of timing. Just depends.

If my diff is still leaking after this (which I think it will be), it will be a couple of months before we can run. We'll see.

:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
oh ok cool.. yea i know for open tracking they should be fine.. I might be getting ahold of some scrubbed R1 hoosier open track tires that should work fine.. I'm not to sure what my race tune puts out on 15lbs of boost but I know it's got to be close to 600rwhp.. so maybe it would be a good race with my power to weight.. i don't know though. Yea if your diff is leaking no use in blowing up the rear-end.. My fuel system will probably be going in soon anyways unless your diff is fixed I will postpone it until after we run.. I have a feeling after my fuel system goes in my car will make a bit more power since i'll be spinning it to 7500 instead of 68-6900.. so it'll add more boost therefore more power, but I think our power levels right now should be a good race.. :beer: but I need to talk to my friend to see if he can pick up some R1 tires for me at his next swap meet.

venomws6

Established Member
Can you upload those vids at youtube?? I freaking hate Photobucket...

Please please I wanna see the vids :lol1:

BayareaSS

Established Member
I can't watch the vids from my phone but I was in the car so I know how it went down lol. That was very fun and both cars run hard! If the cobra could get traction it looks to be about 4 cars faster. I love how hard The cobra pulled on the top end. Good shit bro!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
God damn. You pulled him after he was already in front of you.:bowdown: Good runs and your car runs hard.:rockon::dancenana::coolman:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
can we get a brief list of mods for the cobra please. Like what psi you running? 3.4 or 2.3? longtubes? motor work?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Good runs. If only the Cobra weighed in 500 lbs less. LOL
The new C6Z06 is pretty badass! Its crazy to see a very lightly modded Z06 run with a WHIPPLED Cobra

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Good runs. If only the Cobra weighed in 500 lbs less. LOL
The new C6Z06 is pretty badass! Its crazy to see a very lightly modded Z06 run with a WHIPPLED Cobra

The cobra was spinning. Watch the last video where the z was out in front and the cobra caught him and passed him.:shrug: Not taking anything away from c6z's but the cobra in the vid is/was def faster than the z in the vid.

Users who are viewing this thread