Whipple finally in....numbers good!

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Finally had the Whipple put in and dyno tuned! Unfortunately...my camera took a giant dump during the dyno and had to finish off with my phone camera/video.

I kept the 6lb lower and stock whipple upper (3.375). Made 15psi and had to bump the timing down to 13 degrees. (made too much power for stock bottom end). Truck made two runs on my street tune on a Mustang Dyno.

First run:
510 rwhp
561 ft lbs
11.8 a/f across

Second run: (took a little timing out)
496 rwhp
562 ft lbs
11.8 a/f

Pics and vid are poor quality. Sorry. But will have better photos tomorrow. Also...the stock upper pulley is coming off next week for the polished one I ordered. Also going to have the heat shield (hate that thing) painted and cleared by my painter.

Can't wait to get my race tune in....woo hoo

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
Somethings weird here. Mine makes 15lbs with just a 2lb lower and the 3.375 upper. You got cams on that bad boy. Great numbers BTW!:thumbsup:

Bootie

Established Member
very cool Chad. It looks right at home already.

How's the numbers compared to the KB? Same boost level?

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
never seen the white blower before, looks bad ass and nice numbers tooo.. now just get some times to go along with the new found love

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Badass! Great numbers and it looks awesome too. :beer: I hate the heat shield too, I run mine without it (racer's kit). Your boost does seem low for the pulley combo, but no 2 trucks are alike. Are you planning on taking it to the track?

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Big Man said:
Somethings weird here. Mine makes 15lbs with just a 2lb lower and the 3.375 upper. You got cams on that bad boy. Great numbers BTW!:thumbsup:

no cams....stock long block. My tuner said it made 15 psi under the curve and 17 at the peak. What ever the heck that means. I assume it means 15psi. :shrug:

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Badass! Great numbers and it looks awesome too. :beer: I hate the heat shield too, I run mine without it (racer's kit). Your boost does seem low for the pulley combo, but no 2 trucks are alike. Are you planning on taking it to the track?

How do I get my hands on the racer kit? I just want to "delete" the heat shield. If I can't....it is getted painted for sure

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
afchad said:
How do I get my hands on the racer kit? I just want to "delete" the heat shield. If I can't....it is getted painted for sure

The racer's kit was offered through JDM (and maybe others now). It's just a different kit than what comes normally and it deletes all the EGR stuff, comes without a heat shield, relocates the power steering reservoir, and just basically cleans everything up. This is what it looks like:

Picture006.jpg

BTW, 17psi sounds just right for your pulley combo on the stock block. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread