Whipple has been installed, see the pics!!

KosherCobra

Established Member
Has not been run yet, Tomorrow will be the tuning day. I almost shot my load when I saw that on the car. REM installed 55# injectors and has an Aeromotive Digital FMU to regulate the fuel for the additional boost. As it sits, the first test is at 15 #, then 17 than maybe 19.

You know the song,

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow, you're only, a day away!!!!!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
So...that means we wont know what this kit does for an otherwise stock cobra. That's just great.

Guess we'll all just have to guess what it will do without 55# injectors and a new FMU. How lame.:rolleyes:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
So...that means we wont know what this kit does for an otherwise stock cobra. That's just great.

Guess we'll all just have to guess what it will do without 55# injectors and a new FMU. How lame.:rolleyes:

Hmmm, too bad the car isn't being set up for your tastes.

Have fun guessing.

I think it is lame when people read an informative post and get upset that the post doesn't meet their lame needs.

JT

Last edited:

KosherCobra

Established Member

You have to remember that my car has all the bolt on mods. If you go over 17 # which I shall, it's only common sense to up the injectors and boost the fuel pressure. Even on the KB you need to do this.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
Hmmm, too bad the car isn't being set up for your tastes.

Have fun guessing.

I think it is lame when peopel make informative posts and some demanding "lemming" gets upset that the post doesn't meet his lame needs.

JT

MOST people are wanting to know what this supercharger kit will do. NOT what a super-rodded up car with ONE OF THE MODS being this supercharger can do. Its common simple sense to give us numbers on JUST the supercharger package, if they are expecting people to want to buy that. They can then give us numbers on a car that has that supercharger and a jet rocket strapped to the roof if they wish...

How can someone buy this supercharger kit as is and not have to spend another $1000 on these other parts without any numbers backing up what the kit will produce on its own?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Kosher, don't bother explaining yourself to poeple that aren't in the know. Congrats on your install. I notice a 79" belt, how big is your lower? Look forward to the #'s man. Looks sweet!!!!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I am fully "in the know" that this kit COMES with 13psi setup. Why not give us numbers on that. Stock fuel system will handle that psi and many of us dont INTEND to go beyond that.

jtfx6552

Established Member
MOST people are wanting to know what this supercharger kit will do. NOT what a super-rodded up car with ONE OF THE MODS being this supercharger can do. Its common simple sense to give us numbers on JUST the supercharger package, if they are expecting people to want to buy that. They can then give us numbers on a car that has that supercharger and a jet rocket strapped to the roof if they wish...

How can someone buy this supercharger kit as is and not have to spend another $1000 on these other parts without any numbers backing up what the kit will produce on its own?

So you know what most people want?

The claim to fame of the whipple will be high boost with no oil spray, and whether the larger displacement will result in more HP at high boost.

That is the test I want to see.

JT

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Well, at this point, what people may or may not WANT is pretty irrelevant. We aren't going to GET a test of what the supercharger kit itself on a stock fuel system can do, so that's that.

KosherCobra

Established Member
I have a 2# lower on the car. The stock whipple will produce 13# so now it will produce 15#.

The car made 410/450 on the mustang dyno with the Eaton and the mods. You have to figure the 2# gave 20/20. We were not about to unbolt the whole lower system considering this is going to be boosted out. If we have the time I may run it to 21!!

The Aeromotive Digital FMU is a boost-a-pump with a better fuel regualtor for the boost. Keith is more up to speed on it, but it's a sweet looking unit.

Granted, Tim & Paul are making sure this baby is going to be done nice. I know the KB test used a stock car with cats and all, but my car is not stock and the Whipple is a serious blower and I want a serious fast machine

larryc7777

Established Member
KosherCobra,

Do you know if they plan on producing the Whipple with a paint scheme that matches the Eaton? I really like the stealth look when it comes to mods.

bullitt543

Established Member
Can everyone stop arguing. Every post on this site has some bitch complaining.

AtomHeart:
Congrats! Thanks for the info. BUT don't make a post without they dyno numbers, i won't be able to go to sleep tonight! But it does motivate my ass to get out to my car and put it back together.
oh .. video .. i love vids .. please make some vids. not you naked or anything sick like that.. something with the car kicking ass

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Well, all I want are before and after numbers. Those of us mod phreaks could care less what it does on a stocker. They can fabricate a numbers just like any other manufacturer. No way can a KB make 600+ HP without injectors and such. At least more than a pull or 2 on the dyno before it blows the motor. So let's see these modded up numbers!!

2kbill

Established Member
Kosher, that's a handsome blower man, congrats!

Love to hear any more info you find out about the Aeromotive FMU.

Thanks,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread