Whipple/KB - included tunes question

brisk_tea

Established Member
I've searched and researched, but haven't come across much info on included tunes; other than they are a bit safe and custom tuning can make more power...

Does either the ford whipple 2.9 or kenne bells 2.8LC tunes take into account current mods like deleted EGR, off-road exhaust, etc.?

I'll do custom tuning at a later point, but was curious as to whether i could use the base tunes until then. I want to do susp and so forth before i go farther with the tunes.

Thanks

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Your tuner can mod your tune if you delete cats to eliminate codes. You should not need to re-tune for mid-pipes. Some tweaks will be needed for long tubes.

brisk_tea

Established Member
I guess that's what i was wondering. If i'm going to have to go to get custom tuning, then i might as well not waste the money on a complete kit and just get the tuner version.

I just didn't know if either had a check list of certain common mods that i wouldn't need to immediately get a custom tune.

Thanks

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Call Van at Revan Racing. He should be able to provide only what you need and give you a "safe" tune that will get you to the tuner. I just sent Lund a note that I am adding long tubes and he will have a new tune emailed to me on Thursday. He has modded my tune a couple of times in the past.

2nd2none

Established Member
I bought my 3.6LC kit directly from Kenne Bell and they sent me a form to fill out that lists all my mods so they could use that while making the tune. If you buy the kit from Revan Racing or another vendor i'm not sure if they use a Kenne Bell tune or they have a tune from someone like Lund included with the kits

Van@RevanRacing

I've searched and researched, but haven't come across much info on included tunes; other than they are a bit safe and custom tuning can make more power...

Does either the ford whipple 2.9 or kenne bells 2.8LC tunes take into account current mods like deleted EGR, off-road exhaust, etc.?

I'll do custom tuning at a later point, but was curious as to whether i could use the base tunes until then. I want to do susp and so forth before i go farther with the tunes.

Thanks

Ford and Kenne Bell Do Not Tune for EGR Delete and/or Off Road Exhaust and/or Larger Injectors and/or different Mass Air Flow Transfer Functions due to the size of the MAF housing.

So..............

Deleted EGR - Not a good idea because of the SIP Sensor and it throws off Drive By Wire but it can be made to work in a custom tune.

Off Road Exhaust - Fixed with a custom tune.

Injectors and MAF - Fixed with a custom tune.

Getting it all dialed in right by giving me a call.............priceless!

Give me a call and I can review all of the details with you and Kenne Bell and custom kits!

Van
Revan Racing, Inc.
561-445-7702

brisk_tea

Established Member
Van,

No offense, but i don't think i should ever talk to you. I know damn well, i'll end up with about $20k missing from my account with the griggs, kenne bell, etc. i just shouldn't do that, but i probably will anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread