Whipple on a 2011 5.0??

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Well just saying if you're itching for power and are looking at the 13 Boss price range. You can get a GT500 for the same money. A Whipple GT will be more like a Gt500 than a Boss.

Not really sure what the link to an old cobra vert is for. Is that your car you are selling to get something new?

nycarpenter

Established Member
Well just saying if you're itching for power and are looking at the 13 Boss price range. You can get a GT500 for the same money. A Whipple GT will be more like a Gt500 than a Boss.

Not really sure what the link to an old cobra vert is for. Is that your car you are selling to get something new?

The OLD 04 Cobra is my car. I would take my 04 for $24,000 over any Shelby. But this is just MHO. We all have personal preferences.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Ok, well whether you think it or not an 04 is old especially when most of the components on those cars were developed 10 years prior to that. As you said everyone has their opinions.

Only reason I brought up the gt500 is that you can get them all day long for the price of a new boss, you get a motor already built for boost, and it has the same sort of powerband as a gt with a whipple. Where is your extreme opposition to the gt500 coming from? You can get them without stripes and such and not have it be a look at me car. In any event good luck with your search, there are plenty out there to choose from.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Ok, well whether you think it or not an 04 is old especially when most of the components on those cars were developed 10 years prior to that. As you said everyone has their opinions.

Only reason I brought up the gt500 is that you can get them all day long for the price of a new boss, you get a motor already built for boost, and it has the same sort of powerband as a gt with a whipple. Where is your extreme opposition to the gt500 coming from? You can get them without stripes and such and not have it be a look at me car. In any event good luck with your search, there are plenty out there to choose from.

This

nycarpenter

Established Member
This is not me pissing on the Shelby I just never liked them. My terminator may be old but the driveline is still one of the best ford ever produced. The interior comfort level is where it lacks and is oh so dated.

jayman33

I just pulled off the 2.3 whipple on my 2011, had just around 5k miles. I've been parting it out as I plan to pick up another car. My car made 604rwhp and 624rwhp before I installed LT's and went from the 123mm intake to a 127 with the 3.25 pulley which is the 9/10PSI one. I had zero issues, driveability was amazing. It has a Lund tune, will only use Lund now on SC cars, I don't know how he does it. Everyone I've referred to him loves their car. I've had a few tunes so I can tell you the diffference in some of them. One guy just mentioned "factory SC tune", whats a factory SC tune? You know Roush has blown some engines as well as FRPP. A tuner for Ford or Roush is just like any other tuner so they have the capability to blow an engine just as easy.
These cars have an 8mb ECU, thats massive compared to mustangs just 5 years ago. Its all in the tune.

bigriff85

Established Member
Jayman re read the post what you were questioning because apparently you misunderstood regarding the "factory tunes" i meant the tunes that come with blowers from the supercharger companies you just re stated what I was trying to say word for word pretty much....yes roush,whipple, etc tunes that come loaded on a hand held have blown up engines as well we are in agreement lol

nycarpenter

Established Member
Well I sold the Cobra and purchased a 2013 SBY Boss. The Boss at $42,750 just seemed like the best bang for the buck :)

Users who are viewing this thread