Whipple or KB?

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
First of all, sorry you had the problem. We try to investigate any customer complant that comes to our attention. Average wait time is not 75 minutes. That simply is not true unless you came at noon (lunch hour) there is someone always here to help.

Mike@KB

Mike,
Sounds like you already fixed the problem that guy James was a douche! I called no less than 4 times a day for a week and my average wait time was 75 minutes that was counting the "hold on call" wait times. James would ask me to hold and keep me there for 20 -25 minutes.

Frankly, it cost you a couple of blower sales, mine and a friends. We both went Whipple.

Last edited:

Darryl

Established Member
Youre right I just made it up lol. These forums are designed to help others with questions make decisions based on other peoples experiences. I am simply giving my opinion. Dont get your panties all in a bunch. Do some homework if you want to call these guys. How many blowers have you sold to Terminator customers in the state of CT? Start calling. :poke:

agreed.

Why do you get butthurt? Makes changes. Poor fitment and customer service as mentioned in this thread? Maybe want to go back to the drawing board and work on customer service?

Common

Established Member
Whipple all the way. Heard many frustrating customer service stories about Kenne Belle.

It's actually sad to see a business lose so many potential customers just for not being more "on top of it all".

I guess they thought customer service is irrelevant, wrong, cobra owners are extremely anal about certain/most things, epecially when making a 3,000+$ purchase.

97samssnake

Established Member
Whipple all the way. Heard many frustrating customer service stories about Kenne Belle.

It's actually sad to see a business lose so many potential customers just for not being more "on top of it all".

I guess they thought customer service is irrelevant, wrong, cobra owners are extremely anal about certain/most things, epecially when making a 3,000+$ purchase.

Kenne Bell made a comment in this thread about that. But yeah, it is kind of sad.

Common

Established Member
<<<<<<<----- Didn't read the whole thread.

Kenne Bell made a comment in this thread about that. But yeah, it is kind of sad.

Agree, it's a shame. They could have had the market cornered/monopoly with just a bit more diligence, who knows.

97samssnake

Established Member
I don't know if they could have had the market to themselves, Whipples are not pushovers. But I'm sure they have lost some customers because of the service.:beer:

Common

Established Member
I don't know if they could have had the market to themselves, Whipples are not pushovers. But I'm sure they have lost some customers because of the service.:beer:

True but with so much "youtube marketing" with verry first SnakeBite and all, I swore I would get KB or nothing else, after a bit of research, I have lost my appetite.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
another 2.6 failed locally, the dudes car its on is a tool though, so i dont care, but they way the new KB's have been going south i would NEVER buy one. i know its probably happened, but i personalyl have NEVER heard of a whipple failure, have heard of tons of KB's though.

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
another 2.6 failed locally, the dudes car its on is a tool though, so i dont care, but they way the new KB's have been going south i would NEVER buy one. i know its probably happened, but i personalyl have NEVER heard of a whipple failure, have heard of tons of KB's though.
So exactly how are these KBs failing? What's the weakness? I have seen a number of used KBs for sale that have been "rebuilt by the manufacture." What's breaking down to necessitate a rebuild? Shouldn't these things run 100+k miles without a problem with proper maintanence?

Kenne Bell

Established Member
We do not have a lot of failures, what we have is people running 20lbs of boost on the street and cooking superchargers. We rarely have an issue.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
So exactly how are these KBs failing? What's the weakness? I have seen a number of used KBs for sale that have been "rebuilt by the manufacture." What's breaking down to necessitate a rebuild? Shouldn't these things run 100+k miles without a problem with proper maintanence?

the 2.2's are good damn blower, but the 2.4, 2.6, and 2.8's have had problems locking up, and internals breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread