Whipple or KB?

sikcobra03

Established Member
eff, now im gonna have to reconsider again... was gonna go with KB, but all this feedback bout whipple is makin me want to go with that

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
KB. See sig. And 631rwhp @ 18 PSI and 603rwhp @ 15PSI. And that was in sweltering 100 degree temps, with "just a 2V".

I have no problems with KB. Contacting them on phone wasn't an issue for me at all. And they seem to be a lot more active on the message boards.

sikcobra03

Established Member
KB. See sig. And 631rwhp @ 18 PSI and 603rwhp @ 15PSI. And that was in sweltering 100 degree temps, with "just a 2V".

I have no problems with KB. Contacting them on phone wasn't an issue for me at all. And they seem to be a lot more active on the message boards.
that last one was to u, what i mean is would i be able to run 91 octane with the 2.6L KB?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
dude, im sure u've seen me, maybe not recently or in my 03 cobra, cuz i just bought it, but i used to have a laser red 96 cobra convertible, maybe you saw me in that. anyways, do you know chris or eric eaton (red 03 cobra or white Mach 1)? or ricky bush (used to have a black 02 saleen drop top, now has a red 98 viper)? anyways, if you're at all into the car scene in that area, im sure you've met them.

Your old car ... not sure but more then likely i have seen it .. and yep yep course i know em . i just hang with a little bit of whoever .

So how long have you had this car ?
These motors are tuffys but when it comes to using high boost and not the correct actane/tune its the pistons and or rod bearings that seem to be effected .

I just spit some rings up cause i was using just 91 on 19-20 psi i wouldnt use straight 91 unless about 16 psi and under .

Im not gunna say what blower is better i just really liked the whole whipple package. Now i have an even more stout motor but back on the damn pulley's eaton haha

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
that last one was to u, what i mean is would i be able to run 91 octane with the 2.6L KB?

Sure, as long it's tuned for 91.

All blowers mentioned, Whipple 2.3L, KB 2.2L, KB 2.4L, KB 2.6H, etc. can make good power. Looks are subjective, though I'll admit I do like how the black Whipple look. But IMO it's hard to beat the clean look of a polished KB. My experience with KB has been positive. A buddy of mine (Godstang) has had positive experience as well. This is my second KB blower and I'd do business with them again.

sikcobra03

Established Member
dude, im sure u've seen me, maybe not recently or in my 03 cobra, cuz i just bought it, but i used to have a laser red 96 cobra convertible, maybe you saw me in that. anyways, do you know chris or eric eaton (red 03 cobra or white Mach 1)? or ricky bush (used to have a black 02 saleen drop top, now has a red 98 viper)? anyways, if you're at all into the car scene in that area, im sure you've met them.

Your old car ... not sure but more then likely i have seen it .. and yep yep course i know em . i just hang with a little bit of whoever .

These motors are tuffys but when it comes to using high boost and not the correct actane/tune its the pistons and or rod bearings that seem to be effected .

I just spit some rings up cause i was using just 91 on 19-20 psi i wouldnt use straight 91 unless about 16 psi and under .

Im not gunna say what blower is better i just really liked the whole whipple package. Now i have an even more stout motor but back on the damn pulley's eaton haha
haha, ya... anywhere in town sell 93? or i cant remember... seems like there was a place that sold 92....

sikcobra03

Established Member

oh, and i got this car early this month while i was home on leave. really didnt get a chance to take it out much... barely had a chance to take pics of it dry... lol. my old care was pretty much stock... if that helps.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
mmmmmmm i cant recall anywhere that sells 93 on pump .. everywhere is 91 ... 92 is sold on Sunrise at Vallero ( only on one of the islands you have to seek it out but it is there ).. and they sell 100 octane on pump at 76 on Watt and Marconi .

sikcobra03

Established Member
mmmmmmm i cant recall anywhere that sells 93 on pump .. everywhere is 91 ... 92 is sold on Sunrise at Vallero ( only on one of the islands you have to seek it out but it is there ).. and they sell 100 octane on pump at 76 on Watt and Marconi .
good shit man, thanks... a closer one to get the 100 at.... i think its 100.... if not its higher... is in folsom on greenback at that 76 thats right at the new bridge. they used to have it anyway, i think they still do. check it out

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
No prob , Ahh yeah i know exactly what station your talking about .. yeah im going to have to go check it out ... if anything its probably 100 .. thats seems to be what 76 likes to sell when they do have it. I just got a 100 octane tune but i cant afford to go fill up on that all the time haha.. or you can go buy all different types of octane @ toggnottis auto world ..well im sure you already knew that , or ForceFed performance in Roseville .. thats where iv had all my work done . they have every octane number you can think of

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Damn your car is still a baby to ya .. just this month .. i bet your exited about it .. where did you get it from ?

You aughtta come out and cruz around with some of my friends and i .. the immediate people i hang out with when it comes to cars are really kool and modest and its kool .. cause its all Cobras gts LS1's ect so theres a little bit of this and a little bit of that

sikcobra03

Established Member
Damn your car is still a baby to ya .. just this month .. i bet your exited about it .. where did you get it from ?

You aughtta come out and cruz around with some of my friends and i .. the immediate people i hang out with when it comes to cars are really kool and modest and its kool .. cause its all Cobras gts LS1's ect so theres a little bit of this and a little bit of that
haha, for sure man... as soon as i get done here. i wont be home till like late august, early september... that should be when i get home on leave. ill finally be out of this god foresaken country for good. umm.... i bought it off a guy in placerville, apparently it had had work done to it in the past and was tuned by kieth (force fed)... but it was taken back to stock trim. if you ever look on craigslist, it was on there, has 19xxx miles on it.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I hate these comments, please get me the names of these "Two guys" and I will call them and see what there "Multitude of issues" where. Everybody knows somebody! There are 2 sides to every story!:fm:

Mike@KB

I have a KB 2.2 at 19 psi......car runs strong and the KB is hot to trot....

600 rwhp sae....560 rwtq sae.....93 pump gas....Both are great blowers!!!

Cullen....

Users who are viewing this thread