Whipple pricing released!

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I wonder what the 5yr/100k mile warranty will cost? Will be exciting to see these getting bolted on and the associate performance increase from these units. I want one for sure.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Isn't FRPP selling a supercharger kit using a whipple or TVS or something that will put out 650 hp without voiding the factory warranty?

Last edited:

Jmeo

Established Member
Isn't FRPP selling a supercharger kit using a whipple or TVS or something that will put out 650 hp without voiding the factory warranty?

This Whipple kit makes over 700 hp and if your dealer installs such items it will not void the factory warranty. I asked my dealer and they said if I have them install it, they'll cover it.

I am not sure how much turbo kits cost but I can tell you this. Whipple kits come with everything you need to upgrade. Fuel pump, relays, CAI, harnesses as to be expected but equal to or greater than OEM quality and even uses GT500 parts. $7,500 is a big pill to swallow but your car will be as reliable stable as a factory car that will weld it's sneakers off at the drop of your foot.

No better money was ever spent.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Dude honestly $7500 isn't nothing. A real turbo kit will cost that for a single and way more for twins, besides id guess a Turbo kit will be a good while out with a new platform.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Sounds to good to pass up. Should be around 675 to 685 rear wheel horsepower with an optional 100k power train warranty. Everything included for $7500. Well worth it in my opinion.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
...$7,500 is a big pill to swallow but your car will be as reliable stable as a factory car...

Just a real quick thought here....I won't argue about it being a good deal or not (I haven't priced out stuff like this in a long time). However, you can't add ~65% more HP to a stock car and really expect it to be just as reliable as when the car came from the factory. That's not to say the car won't run great, or drive stock, or last xx,xxx miles, whatever....but it WILL be more prone to breakage with the otherwise stock parts designed for far less power. That goes for ANY power adder, of course. Now, if you can retain the factory warranty.....that's worth some extra coin for sure...

Last edited:

Jmeo

Established Member
Just a real quick thought here....I won't argue about it being a good deal or not (I haven't priced out stuff like this in a long time). However, you can't add ~65% more HP to a stock car and really expect it to be just as reliable as when the car came from the factory. That's not to say the car won't run great, or drive stock, or last xx,xxx miles, whatever....but it WILL be more prone to breakage with the otherwise stock parts designed for far less power. That goes for ANY power adder, of course. Now, if you can retain the factory warranty.....that's worth some extra coin for sure...

Fair assessment. I guess my point is that if you drive your car like normal and not beat the snot out of the go pedal it will be completely reliable as it would stock. With that said you are correct if you keep the boost going all the time something's gotta give.

04svtsnke

Established Member
This Whipple kit makes over 700 hp and if your dealer installs such items it will not void the factory warranty. I asked my dealer and they said if I have them install it, they'll cover it.

I am not sure how much turbo kits cost but I can tell you this. Whipple kits come with everything you need to upgrade. Fuel pump, relays, CAI, harnesses as to be expected but equal to or greater than OEM quality and even uses GT500 parts. $7,500 is a big pill to swallow but your car will be as reliable stable as a factory car that will weld it's sneakers off at the drop of your foot.

No better money was ever spent.

Oh the ignorance spewed by you is pissening

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Fair assessment. I guess my point is that if you drive your car like normal and not beat the snot out of the go pedal it will be completely reliable as it would stock. With that said you are correct if you keep the boost going all the time something's gotta give.

With respect, what's the point of getting a blower if you're not going to put it in the boost? Certainly the more you beat on it (stock or otherwise) the sooner it will break something. I just see a lot of folks buy into the 'reliable as stock' idea thinking they can drive it as aggressively as a stock car and expect all the driveline parts to last as long as they would when the car was making 265 less HP (and also more susceptible to heat, bad gas, etc).

Again, no disrespect intended - just writing thoughts....

Last edited:

Jmeo

Established Member
With respect, what's the point of getting a blower if you're not going to put it in the boost? Certainly the more you beat on it (stock or otherwise) the sooner it will break something. I just see a lot of folks buy into the 'reliable as stock' idea thinking they can drive it as aggressively as a stock car and expect all the driveline parts to last as long as they would when the car was making 265 less HP (and also more susceptible to heat, bad gas, etc).

Again, no disrespect intended - just writing thoughts....

No disrespect taken my friend. Your point is valid. And more to it even adding CAI or exhaust or a tune or any power adder will increase chance of breakage that is obvious. Power adders like SC or Turbo are just that much more of a chance.

I don't know how to put to words my thoughts but what I meant was having a Whipple and driving your car normally you could drive across county with a reliable car and not worry about it's reliability. The reliability of the car is directly related to how you use the power adder I guess is all I meant.

guarnibl

Established Member
Ford's kits (the FRPP ones) that they sell retain the factory warranty for 12 months / 12,000 miles WITH THEIR TUNE (and their 624 HP tune resulted in only 480 to the wheels). They will not cover it beyond that. If a dealer chooses to cover you, that's up to them -- but it won't be Ford paying your bill when if it breaks if it's beyond that.

See: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/23/ford-racing-now-selling-supercharger-that-boosts-new-5-0-liter-v/
See: https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12402

The extended warranty is offered through Whipple by CORNERSTONE PERFORMANCE DIVISION, and it's for $8,000 of maximum liability. That's not likely going to cover a dealership replacing your motor, but it would probably get you halfway there or take care of part of the cost of doing a full forged motor build. Additionally, it's $8,000 of total liability spread across 3 areas: engine ($5000), transmission ($1500), rear end ($1500). They also use reman parts.

From everything I can read -- your powertrain warranty from Ford is absolutely 100% voided after 12 months / 12,000 miles unless someone else can show evidence proving otherwise.

Edit: looks like you would have to have the warranty work done at Ford too -- so yeah, $5k isn't going to get you anywhere close including labor -- I had a buddy of mine blow his up and a new crate motor installed was $15k. I'm not entirely sure Ford can do a partial rebuild of what's blown up, could be wrong.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Way to contribute to the thread. Do us all a favor an keep your opinions to yourself

Its an open forum on the internet. If you make less than informed statements expect to get called out on it in a very blunt and insensitive manner. Because after all this is the internet. It happens to all of us.

You are brand new the forum, but maybe you were a lurker for a while? There are countless threads of people blowing up stock motors that were barely pushed beyond the factory output. I am one of them. No matter how bullet proof an engine is from the factory once you start pushing that engine beyond its factory output you start gambling. Especially when it comes to forced induction. Engines with a stronger factory rotating assembly have better chances but there are no guarantees when it comes to modding. The idea that you could make an engine increase its factory output by 50% or more and still have all the stock driving characteristics and reliability is silly.

Jmeo

Established Member
Its an open forum on the internet. If you make less than informed statements expect to get called out on it in a very blunt and insensitive manner. Because after all this is the internet. It happens to all of us.

You are brand new the forum, but maybe you were a lurker for a while? There are countless threads of people blowing up stock motors that were barely pushed beyond the factory output. I am one of them. No matter how bullet proof an engine is from the factory once you start pushing that engine beyond its factory output you start gambling. Especially when it comes to forced induction. Engines with a stronger factory rotating assembly have better chances but there are no guarantees when it comes to modding. The idea that you could make an engine increase its factory output by 50% or more and still have all the stock driving characteristics and reliability is silly.

I get the open forum thing, I do. My argument is completely useless comments that do not ass to a discussion.

I have been a forum member on one site or another for many years but usually refrain from posting because of such ignorance.

I can't speak for other people and I didn't try to. I simply posted my personal experience with a Whipple on my car. I have a 2005 GT I bought used 5 years ago for which I installed a Whipple. My car has been mechanically flawless for me. Does not leak or burn one oz of oil. Does not skip a beat and runs like a top. THIS is MY experience and this is the point I was bringing to the discussion, that's all.

Not that age should matter but I've been around the block (aka old lol) and I have owned 99.9% Fords for 30 years and 13 different Mustangs. I have modified almost all of them myself and maintain them all myself. I installed the IC Whipple myself and had a ball doing it. My car was 5 years old so warranty was not an issue and when I ordered my 15 I asked about a supercharger on it and the co owner who is the sales manager said they started custom modifications about 5 years ago to keep $ in house as apposed to have customers go elsewhere. Without reading any fine print lol he said that any work they do in house would not void warranty.

Now who knows how much of this is true but I only wanted to bring my experience to the discussion that's all.

So forgive my ignorance and not knowing other peoples experiences

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
When was the last time you paid MSRP for a car part (other than an MGW shifter)?

Point taken but still....

and I don't trust any dealer to install and tune a kit like this. They have a hard enough time changing your oil properly.

Users who are viewing this thread