Whipple Question?

vickerw

Established Member
I am currently running a Stage IV ported eaton, TB & PL right now. I was wondering if I upgrade to a Whipple 140ax should I go with one that accepts a single blade aftermarket TB or should I just get the Whipple model that accepts the stock TB & run the ported one I have. Just wondering if there would be a big difference in RWHP or throttle response? Thanks

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I would go single blade. Just the throttle response is well worth it. You wont find much of a power increase unless you run super high boost but you will tell a huge difference with throttle response. I got so used to it on my heaton blower that there was no way I could ever think about putting a stocker or even ported stocker on my whipple.

03 KYL

Established Member
Well I will be one to say to get the stock throttle body version. I bought the single blade version myself and the piss poor drivability that my Accufab has makes me wish I could run my ported T/b.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
03 KYL said:
Well I will be one to say to get the stock throttle body version. I bought the single blade version myself and the piss poor drivability that my Accufab has makes me wish I could run my ported T/b.

I can understand that. I got lucky and havent had any problems with my accufab but given the chance I would still buy a BF throttle body and sell the accufab.

Fang

Established Member
Accufab has always run well for me. I have heard of others having issues but not here.

vickerw

Established Member
Thanks guys, I have heard about SOME people having a problem with the Accufab sticking, thats why I was considering just using my ported TB. Hopefully Billetflow will get theirs finished in the near future.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I've had my single blade for about a month now...

vickerw said:
Thanks guys, I have heard about SOME people having a problem with the Accufab sticking, thats why I was considering just using my ported TB. Hopefully Billetflow will get theirs finished in the near future.

and no problems! The throttle response was nite/day compared to before the change. I'm loving it, plus the noise when hittin' the gas sounds pretty wicked. :rockon:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Had the 'sticking' issue with my Accufab.... it goes away.

And as said before, the throttle response is killer. I would do an Accufab again Ported or Twin Screw

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Get a Whipple, get rid of the Steig, get a single blade TB from Billetflow when available.

Users who are viewing this thread