Whipple Supercharger Prototype Pics for the 2015 Mustang 5.0L Coyote Engine

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I managed to get hold of a draft of a Whipple press release this morning about their 2015 Mustang Coyote Supercharger Kit, complete with a couple of pics. Check it out:

Whipple_2015_Mustang_Prototype_001.jpg

Whipple_2015_Mustang_Prototype_002.jpg

Whipple Superchargers said:
Always on the cutting edge of technology, Whipple Superchargers wants to share a few teaser pics of the CAD images of what’s coming for the 2015 5.0L Coyote-based applications (such as the Ford Mustang & F150).

The All-New Whipple Supercharger System features the industry leading front feed 2.9L Whipple twin-screw compressor, which significantly outflows the older style rear feed based superchargers. With as much as 280 additional ponies at the touch of the throttle, the new Whipple system will certainly be setting the industry standard.

The Whipple W175FFAX Twin-Screw Supercharger System reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold, and an oversized intercooler reservoir. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply delivers more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today!

• No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box, more HP per PSI than any other system
  • An estimated 700HP with 91-octane fuel
  • Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
  • 26% more displacement then Eaton 2.3L supercharger
  • Integrated Crusher™ 170mm oval inlet
  • Integrated Crusher™ 170mm oval inlet
  • Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler with 15% more square area then previous generation
  • Massive aluminum intercooler reservoir holds more than double the IC water then previous generation
  • Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
  • Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
  • One-turn turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends
  • Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
  • Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
  • Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
  • More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
  • Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
  • Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
  • 65lb/hr high flow fuel injectors included
  • Proven 6-rib belt system with adjustable idler system for easy belt changes and multiple pulley configurations
  • Optional race 10-rib belt system
  • Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
  • OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
  • Complete kits, Tuner kits and Hot Rod kits are available
  • Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
  • Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies
  • Optional 5-year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
I cannot wait to get my hands on this thing!
Is it sad I planned the blower around the car? ;)

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nice. I saw Ford posted a pic of their prototype TVS unit as well. Ford Racing took delivery of 2 Performance Pack cars as well. Nice to know parts will be out as soon as the car is released.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
700hp on 91? hmm...what base hp are they basing that off of? must be higher than 420....

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Anyone wonder if this blower fits the 12 gt500 without a taller hood or lowering the motor? I really like the efficiency specs of this blower. It would also be very nice to have a twin screw blower and NOT worry about firewall clearance.

Last edited:

rikb53

Established Member
that's what I heard - "North of 420" s/b more and since they were "modeling" the 5.0 against the Boss, i'm thinking 444 - maybe 450 would be my guess. for the stock GT 5.0 - where do I sign. I've got the 12' 5.0 w/ a Roush III 675 - and I've gotten used to that so - 280 above 450 works for me!

rikb53

Established Member
here's what I pulled directly from Mustang TV website (misspellings and all) " Utilizing lessons learned in the development of the recent BOSS 302 platform, Ford engineers have improved the Coyote 5.0. They’ve not released the official power numbers yet, except to say expect overt 420 hp and over 390 ft-lbs of torque."

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
No one has asked the obvious . . . will the new 5.0 have the internals to last when boosted to 700 HP?

mike69440

Established Member
I don't think the Coyote 5.0 would pas O.E.M. durability standard or be suitable for more than 20 seconds or so under full boost (standing mile runs, etc. ), with good gas and keeping the boost at Whipple recommended levels the motor should last a while.

I've got 45 Thousnd miles of Whipple driving on my Teminator and motor is no worse for wear. Whipple would not sell a 5 year 100K warrantee with $8K liability for around $800 bucks, if the motro were a hand grenade.
Like any warantee , signs of abuse would vid it.

I would worry more about the drivetrain than the motor. Good chance of bearking all sorts of stuff with DR's , Slicks now way.

Last edited:

PeteDinMA

Established Member
Does anyone know if a 2.9 whipple from an 11-14 coyote would still mount and work with the 15 model?

I am thinking since the 5.0 will be a carry over except for the beefing up in the internals as all ready pointed it should but maybe the hood might not clear or some other fit issue that might be able to be worked around.

I'd bet my left nut someone will be trying to stuff the newly being developed 2.9 Whipple twin-screw into a 11-14 GT or 12-13 Boss.

Users who are viewing this thread