Whipple Supercharger Prototype Pics for the 2015 Mustang 5.0L Coyote Engine

skulls

Established Member
It has been confirmed by an email with whipple, when this is released for '15, it will be offered for the 11-14's.

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
I'm interested to see which twin screw is gonna make the most power for the money. Roush seems to be good.

jshen

Established Member
image-52.jpg

Does the picture mean "yes"? Does anyone have any info on price for the unit as I couldn't find one at whipple...

CaDDy

Banned
It has been confirmed by an email with whipple, when this is released for '15, it will be offered for the 11-14's.

I hope this is true, that front intake setup just looks so much smoother and cleaner. I can't wait to see one in a 2015 GT.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'm torn. I like the front entry for smooth airflow, but I don't like the jackshaft. That's more parts to transfer energy, and more parts to potentially fail.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm torn. I like the front entry for smooth airflow, but I don't like the jackshaft. That's more parts to transfer energy, and more parts to potentially fail.

Parasitic losses from the jackshaft are minimal and the only thing to really go wrong is a couple of bearings. Also, keep in mind that rear entry blowers have a shaft too, it's just enclosed in the snout.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Same rods and crankshaft as the Boss engine. Pistons and oil pump gear will be the weak link for boosted engines but I think it will be fine if you keep boost below 10 psi. 6 to 8 psi and it should last a while.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
These are forged connecting rods. Since when are forged connecting rods garbage? Not to mention, this is the first Mustang GT to come with forged rods and crankshaft. Little confused by your statement.

The rods are sinter forged, not drop forged. There's a huge difference in the end result of each process.

Users who are viewing this thread