Whipple vs Kenne Bell

SVTvert04

Established Member
So I just order 2.9l whipple non crusher black, for my cobra. And my buddy telling me I should of ordered KB2.8LC for same price. Did I make wrong choice??
FYI I plan on keeping 93, and would like to make as much power as possible at lowest boost possible. (600rwhp and I'd be happy) I have stock block and don't plan on upgrading till this one blows. Low miles on car.

Also next order is LT kooks but not sure what size? And fuel system? And lastly 60 or 80s?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

D-MANN

Established Member
either blower would get you there.If your only shooting for 600 you should of went with the VMP TVS 2.3 and use the money saved on some 60 pounders a boost-a-pump.Search function would help you alot.if you got the cash then longtubes but you wont need them for 600rwhp with any of the blowers mentioned.MAC 1 5/8 LT is your best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

SVTvert04

Established Member
For now I only want 600. But would like to go further in future. As far LT are I wanted kooks cause was told they don't rust.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
You made a great choice, stick to it. The liquid cooling shit on the KB's is a gimmick, trust me, especially when you turn up the boost and the the billet case is untouchable. Well, you could touch it and leave your skin behind.

With that said, both are good for 600whp, which is what you are stating that you want. I just think the Whipple is better designed, that's all.

03dsgsnake

Established Member
So I just order 2.9l whipple non crusher black, for my cobra. And my buddy telling me I should of ordered KB2.8LC for same price. Did I make wrong choice??
FYI I plan on keeping 93, and would like to make as much power as possible at lowest boost possible. (600rwhp and I'd be happy) I have stock block and don't plan on upgrading till this one blows. Low miles on car.

Also next order is LT kooks but not sure what size? And fuel system? And lastly 60 or 80s?

Any help is appreciated, thanks
Having had both i will say if you want power quicker then you need a 2.3 whipple or 2.2 kb to spin up quicker, but for overall bad ass power, you made the right decision! the bigger the blower the longer you stay on it and it really shines mid and up top, and trust me once you have 600, youll want MORE!!:burnout: gets old real fast, once you get that whipple, change that inlet and really hear that bad boy scream!! Any upgrade from the heaton is a huge improvement either way!!Personally i sold my whipple to get the 2.8h kb with behemoth so im a little biased! lol congrats

Last edited:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yup bad choice ....Haha jk either will get you to 600 hp easy!the larger ones (like the 2.9 come alive at 20#+of boost)any stainless steel header will not rust(I love my ARH)60#injectors are fine for 600-700hp..but if you want more or want to run e-85 go with the 80s

Last edited:

SVTvert04

Established Member
Thanks for all the input sofar. Yeah I'm excited and will be posting pics as the build goes. Still need to purchase few more parts. As far as headers I know everyone tells me can't go wrong with kooks. Now are they worth the extra money is my question. Right now I have bassani chatted x with borla stingers. Ive been thinking about going to h pipe due to the rasp!!! I hate it.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
ARH is way above kooks!
2012-11-27_09-41-41_727.jpg

2012-11-19_12-46-41_960.jpg

2012-11-19_12-34-09_93.jpg

2012-11-19_12-33-52_517.jpg

2012-11-17_12-38-33_851.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread